Toyota All-Star Showdown TV times

ROMCO33

Hey all,

just wanted to Inform those TEXAS RACIN" FANS who are interested in watching Chris Davidson and myself race at Irwindale this weekend at the Toyota All-Star Showdown TV times I have recieved from the Head-honcho of the Southeast series,

Friday 12th- 10pm central Qualifying on SPEED channel

Saturday 13th 7pm central Race begins live from Irwindale Speedway

as you know, times are subject to change, but as far as I know these are the correct times.

wish us luck.

Robert Richardson Jr.

Chris Davidson (41) finished 8th in his qualifying race. He was the highest finisher representing the Southeast Series. He was as high as 6th and as far back as 10th. There was 20 drivers in this 50 lap qualifying race.

Robert I do believe had a hole in the radiator when that car came down on him!

That car didn't come down on Robert. Nothing against Robert, but his 'in car' cam (with sound) showed he never lifted and pushed up into the other guy. Just hard racing. It's a shame, because everyone I've talked to agrees Robert had a top 10 car.

I don't know whether Chris cut a tire or it just went down, but either way, it wasn't a good nite for TX drivers.

Yeah Robert pushed up but damn both our Texas boys were the top of the Southeast! Not bad for their first time at Irwindale and 2 SES Rookies! Way to go Robert and Chris. You guys represented Texas well even though your finishes don't reflect that.

Hey guys,

the whole weekend was a blast. After the race, I thought the 6 car came down on me.....then I watched the replay on TV, I agree It looked like I ran into him,.....then.......I looked at the full coverage of the in car camera stuff that the speed channel gave to me after the race (even the stuff that wasnt aired) and the 6 car did come down on me. But it sure looks like i gave em a lil tap..lol He just came down on me enough for me to get into his LR oh well, you gotta keep your nose clean to finish.

about chris's flat, he brushed the wall a lil bit going into 3, racing 3 wide on the outside and It prolly bent the rim, and went down on em gradually. But we showed em we can race, even though It was kind of an unfair playing field...lol anyone notice the SWand NW guys? lol maybe we can have the showdown at Corpus next year?...... :lol:

Robert,

You got a lot of tv time relative to your running position (no offense). What kind of money was spent on having an " in car" camera?...whatever it was, it got the job done, exposure-wise.

Your getting into that 6 was small potatoes compared to MK (40) 's deal going from 3rd to 2nd.

Based on your experiences there, why was the sheetmetal car race such a crash-em-up with all that racing room?

Jay

jracer98- The full package for the weekend, in car, roof, and bumper cam cost $3,000. The Grand National Race was something else. The heat races were awesome, no cautions in either series, but I guess those last few laps, dollar signs started falling in the drivers heads rather than the checkered flag.

droppindahammer- I meant by the unfair playing field that most of the guys who were in the top 10 were mostly from the west coast. Most of the SE guys had never been there. It was still fun though, and I learned alot.

racechick- YOU ROCK!lol :P

I got to agree with roberto, the enitre week was a blast... :ph34r: , (got to mis school and work on a racecar in california) he drove his but off, Michael kept tellin robert to be patient, the car was alot better than what we were going, just sittin and taken our time.

Those other guys get to race on that track, and most of them had been there before, for the track time they allowed; SES guys did awesome.(thats the disadvantage part i think robert is talkin about)

as for the wreck the 6 team came down and appologized after the race, said he over drove the car,

Awesome job driving romco33,

Archived