Pure Stock Champion

Brian Morris with the #9 car won the 2013 Pure Stock Championship, congratulations. The 1st and 2nd place cars were sealed at the track Saturday night and the 1st place car was teched Sunday morning after the engine was cool and in a clean shop. The 2nd place car was sealed and ready for tech if needed. The #9 car passed 100%, things teched were, cam lift, bore, stroke, gasket matching, polishing & porting of intake, piston tops, and valve diameter. Thanks again Brian and Cooter for working with SOS to get this done in a timely manner. Thanks to Paul, SOS Techman, for taking time out on his Sunday to get this completed.

Keith Stacy

Race Director/Owner

Brian Morris with the #9 car won the 2013 Pure Stock Championship, congratulations. The 1st and 2nd place cars were sealed at the track Saturday night and the 1st place car was teched Sunday morning after the engine was cool and in a clean shop. The 2nd place car was sealed and ready for tech if needed. The #9 car passed 100%, things teched were, cam lift, bore, stroke, gasket matching, polishing & porting of intake, piston tops, and valve diameter. Thanks again Brian and Cooter for working with SOS to get this done in a timely manner. Thanks to Paul, SOS Techman, for taking time out on his Sunday to get this completed.

Keith Stacy

Race Director/Owner

You're welcome and thanks for allowing us to let our motors cool down before, we would have to take them apart. Thanks to Paul as well for giving up his Sunday to tech are cars.

Was this the only class that this was done to? . ..

Can't speak for the other classes, since I am not in them, I don't concern myself with there issue's. Not trying to be rude Daniel. We were asked to see our motor's and we did as we were asked. Hope to see you back racing at the track. Cooter

Can't speak for the other classes, since I am not in them, I don't concern myself with there issue's. Not trying to be rude Daniel. We were asked to see our motor's and we did as we were asked. Hope to see you back racing at the track. Cooter

Doesnt look good...no time to get things ready...car still sitting...my only deal is do I fix it for SOS rules or do I fix it for STS rules where I want to run the same as SOS...Im in the dead middle....I wish STS, SOS and TRP and heck CBS could agree to the same set of rules to where we all could run at any place on any given night...It really sucks that I want to run both places and I can go to STS and run at any time and then not be allowed to run at SOS in the same class....

Doesnt look good...no time to get things ready...car still sitting...my only deal is do I fix it for SOS rules or do I fix it for STS rules where I want to run the same as SOS...Im in the dead middle....I wish STS, SOS and TRP and heck CBS could agree to the same set of rules to where we all could run at any place on any given night...It really sucks that I want to run both places and I can go to STS and run at any time and then not be allowed to run at SOS in the same class....

Getting all the tracks on the same page in the rule book would be awesome, but I don't think it is going to happen. If they all could come together with one set of class rules, it would truly make it easier, for everyone to run everywhere. Only thing is, you end up with a lot of cars on the side lines, because it is not cost effective to change them to meet new or different rule packages.

I must say it was a great year of racing for me and to cap it off with the championship at SOS was awesome. Cooter sure gave me one hell of a race all the way to the checkered flag. I'm now moving on to Street Stock with all the new comers in pure stock I'm sure I won't be missed.

Hope to see everyone at Havoc and hope my SS is ready to run . Hope Shafer, King, Bruns, Chamberlin and Willms take it easy on me

..no time to get things ready...car still sitting...my only deal is do I fix it for SOS rules or do I fix it for STS rules where I want to run the same as SOS...Im in the dead middle....I wish STS, SOS and TRP and heck CBS could agree to the same set of rules to where we all could run at any place on any given night...It really sucks that I want to run both places and I can go to STS and run at any time and then not be allowed to run at SOS in the same class....

So we can plan on you running with us havoc to knock dust off of it .

I must say it was a great year of racing for me and to cap it off with the championship at SOS was awesome. Cooter sure gave me one hell of a race all the way to the checkered flag. I'm now moving on to Street Stock with all the new comers in pure stock I'm sure I won't be missed.

Hope to see everyone at Havoc and hope my SS is ready to run . Hope Shafer, King, Bruns, Chamberlin and Willms take it easy on me

Congrats Brian on the championship. Those can never be erased and they create great memories for a lifetime. As for the Havoc, I am committed to a flounder gigging trip that night, but if the winds pick up or the water is cloudy, that will be cancelled. I sure had fun last weekend and we sure needed a good run with luck turned around for a change.... Hmmmm, come on south Texas winds ....lol.

Archived