Oct. 5, 2013 and Oct. 19, 2013 Race Schedule Change

xmod97

Modified have been added Oct 5, 2013 will be a points race.

Oct 19, 2013 We are going to add the I Stocks to the schedule for 10/19/13 since we are letting our street stocks off that weekend for the shootout race. Please help spread the word!

Also, if we can get enough I Stocks to show up on 10/19, we will consider adding them to the Showdown in November!

Modified have been added Oct 5, 2013 will be a points race.

Oct 19, 2013 We are going to add the I Stocks to the schedule for 10/19/13 since we are letting our street stocks off that weekend for the shootout race. Please help spread the word!

Also, if we can get enough I Stocks to show up on 10/19, we will consider adding them to the Showdown in November!

**Correction on the Mods being a points race this weekend. Danny just called and this will be a nonpoints event on 10/5/13 for the Modifieds!

This weekend, Eco Stocks, Pure Stocks, Street Stocks and Limited Modifieds will run for points.

Modifieds will run but it will be a non points race!

We also have IMCA Hobby Stocks this weekend!

I talked to Danny last night and he said if the street stock guys got together and wanted to race and could get at least 12 cars he would put us back on the schedule, so lets try to a count of who wants to race the 19th, we can talk about it at the drivers meeting sat night, sense we haven,t raced in a few weeks i hope we can make that race, Danny so lets get a count 28 is in.

woow

Good idea. Not everyones involved in the shootout TBS racing shiuld have 2 more to add to that night.

True enough so screw over the ones that are plus screw over the tracks that shut down the street stocks so CBS could have full participation and support for both of your races, Very not cool!

woow

Good idea. Not everyones involved in the shootout TBS racing shiuld have 2 more to add to that night.

True enough so screw over the ones that are plus screw over the tracks that shut down the street stocks so CBS could have full participation and support for both of your races, Very not cool!

So in other words a sts, sos, non shootout car will drive past texana to come POSSIBLY race at CBS if they get 12 cars. Honestly i just dont see it happening. CBS is the farthest track away from the heart of the shootout series. From what ive read this is all hear say and CBS hasnt posted on their behalf yet. Jmo

No dog in this fight but that has never stopped me from expressing my opinion. If you are running for points in the series and the track and the track makes this a points race than you are forced to make a decision on which one ismore important to you. If the track runs them but not for points then it really wouldn't hurt the series.

Joe

very few are anyways and those that I know of that have a mini clutch car revert back to what they previously had, what else would keep a car from running?

Here is your rule #4. Driveline - Automatics must have a working fwd and reverse gear. 10 inch min. working coverter. Manuals must have a steel scatter shield. 10.5 inch clutch min. No mini clutches allowed. No traction control of any type. Only factory standard transmissions allowed. Listed below are legal transmissions and the legal gears.

The way I read your rules (You can run any flywheel Steel or Alum. You can run a 10,000 rpm clutch setup, what is the cost for that setup?) So why can you not run a $500 Mini-clutch? We looked at the cost, when we wrote our rules. We have had SOS cars running with us and winning. So do not understand why you changed the rule on clutches.

Anyway this is my view.

From day one we felt mini clutches was not the direction the street stocks needed to go but the series and other supporting tracks sat back and watched how this year played out. The 10.5 inch clutch has been something that has worked, policable and not been an issue. Some parts get us out of the street stock division and into what I consider a limited late model part. Regardless of costs to buy or rebuild one the mini clutch scares drivers away or believes it to be a big advantage. The biggest reason w left it out for 2014 is because non of the already exisiting tracks (i37, SOS, STS, and Texana) at the time ran it and to date still do not nor have any plans to. I know CBS had to consider it at the time because they were closer to Kileen and HOT but as you can see the amount of cars that came from those tracks strickly because they had a mini clutch was very very low. Also I doubt that many of the current CBS are running them. Some guys had them laying around because they had a limited late model at one point so it didnt cost them anything but time to put it in. We try to keep our rules within somekind of bounderies so drivers can have the maximum amount of options / tracks to race at series and outside the series. One thing we dont want to see is a car you can only race at one maybe two tracks at. When we announced the 2014 rule package the mini clutch was overwhelming supported when drivers learned it was no longer an option. I have heard rumors about the 10,000 rpm clutch burns up in a season! Well all I can say is I have 4 years on mine aproximately 35 races and its been and still is perfect. But I dont do stupid things like drive it on and off the trailer. There is no perfect rule package to accomidate what everyone wants but our 2014 rules allows for the most possible cars to compete with weight penalties for those that chose to run particular parts. This without a doubt should help create the most equal rule package no matter what area track your from.

Danny called me last night explained his commitment to the shootout, that he said he would hold the 19th for shootout rain day. and he is going to honor that, i have no prob with that it was just a thought on my part, shootout guys enjoy your race good luck i hope everyone has a safe weekend,

Archived