Snowball Hotel Reservations

txtom

If you made Snowball weekend reservations at either of these hotels, you need to call them. My party had them at Ramada, had a comfirmation number, and still got cancelled, and I only found out by reading this other forum board. We were referred to another hotel and were able to get a room.

The following info is from a forum board over there.

"The Microtel and Ramada Limited near the track have cancelled reservations made for the Derby weekend. They are loaded up with Southern Bell and other relief workers. Not to panick. There are still rooms out there. Check the info on the track's website for updates and make sure anyone making a reservation identify themselves as being here for the races. Some of the motels have blocks of rooms set aside and are giving special rates."

I highly suggest anyone going check their reservations.

Hey txtom:

I called yesterday (Nov. 7) to make reservations. The story I was getting was that the hotels have NO rooms and weren't taking reservations for the Snowball weekend. Everyone was saying they weren't taking reservations for dates until January.

I called the Holiday Inn Express, Courtyard by Marriott, Comfort Inn (both locations), Residence Inn and Fairfield Inn all with no luck. I was able to find a room at the LaQuinta on N. Davis Hwy. I got a room with two double beds for $81/night. I was told by the hotel that they are about 10-15 minutes from the track so that's not too bad.

If you find a decent hotel cheaper that is taking reservations for the Snowball weekend be sure and let us know.

Cindy

Cindy--

We got a room at the Comfort Inn on Davis this morning, it is a little cheaper than your rate, about $69 a night, and Modracer got a room there today also. You might try them at 850-484-8070.

The racetrack is exit 7 off I-10, Davis is exit 13, so it isn't hard to get to.

Tom

Talked to Wayne...he said with the Triple Crown and his Florida Sunbelt Series point lead his team hasn't had the time to prepare for the Derby. He said he's not sure why Dick isn't driving but that the way the sponsorship deal was put together it works out better for all involved this way.

I know there are significant changes in store for Wayne's team during the 2005 race season. Stay tuned... B)

Archived