STLMS AT CBS

MitchyBobby

I appreciate the track having our little series come race. Mother nature has not been kind to us when we have been scheduled to race at CBS. As far as a light weight jobbie hitting the wall ,Im glad the car did what it was supposed to do, and that is crumple and protect the driver. My Simpson belts, nexgen head restaint,and Gforce helmet all did there jobs.

Still can't believe how fast things happened but I realized I had a problem at about the flagstand. I tried lifting the throttle pedal with my foot twice and thought ,man this is going to hurt. I think I had both feet on the brake pedal but it didn't seem to be slowing it down much. I did manage to hit the kill switch about 15 feet before the wall. I figured I had about 3.5 seconds from the time I knew I was in trouble too impact with the wall. As the car made contact I was amazed at how it was crushing in,and my thought was ,I hope the motor doesn't end up in my lap.

I want to thank Chris Carroll,Carlton Migura,and Kelly Cagle for helping to get the P.O.S. off the track and back to my trailer.Left a pile of sheet metal in the pits. Sorry about that CBS but didn't have room left to hall off the carnage.

Hope ya'll will have us back in the future. Nice facility and great fans. Thanks MitchyBobby.

Well, MitchyBobby, you sure had a bunch of us pretty worried until we saw you get out of that crumpled pile of metal.

Whoever built that chassis saved your butt. It did just what it was supposed to do - all that bent metal absorbed a bunch of the impact before it ever got to you and the main cage.

Those Late Models get up and go on a tacky track. Was amazing how fast Migura could pedal that thing around.

Nick

Archived