Green/Yellow

I wanted to get some opinions on the green/yellow. Not sure what its like from the other cars, but from mine, I can pretty much only see the yellow. The back straightaway is bad, I can't tell if the green is on with the yellow until I'm to the pit gate.

My take is you need to be green or yellow, not both. If you can't tell which it is, you are going to err on the side of green so as not to lose any spots. That in mind, I think it sets the situation for cars not to slow down right away when the "real" yellow comes out.

I'd like to hear others opinions on this.

I wanted to get some opinions on the green/yellow. Not sure what its like from the other cars, but from mine, I can pretty much only see the yellow. The back straightaway is bad, I can't tell if the green is on with the yellow until I'm to the pit gate.

My take is you need to be green or yellow, not both. If you can't tell which it is, you are going to err on the side of green so as not to lose any spots. That in mind, I think it sets the situation for cars not to slow down right away when the "real" yellow comes out.

i HAVE NO PROBLEM SEEING THE GREEN/YELLOW, BUT THEN AGAIN I AM IN A PURE STOCK WITH A LARGE FRONT VIEW. WHAT I HAVE WITNESSED, IS CARS NOT WANTING TO SLOW DOWN WHEN YELLOW IS ON, SOME SEEM TO THINK YOU HAVE TO RACE BACK TO START/FINISH LINE TO KEEP YOUR SPOT.

Thanks for the reply Cooter. I guess nobody else cares either way.

I wasn't using my raceceiver last week, but from past experience, there's not a lot mentioned on there.

I think it would be a help at least to the late models, probably limiteds also, to do away with green yellow. Definitely worth talking about, and that's why I was wanting opinions.

Or it could be just me???

I have no problem seeing the green yellow , but i to am in a pure stock a lot slower than y'all

I feel like its good because it lets you know something is going on up ahead, lots of times in our class a car in the back can spin out in say turn 4 and lead cars are in turn 2 they will turn green yellow on and by the time we get in turn 3 the car is already on the track and clear they will turn only green on keeping the race going. I think it's a saftey thing to let people know danger may be coming your way.

I vote no green/yellow. I think it confuses some people.Also if you are gonna do that,you need a flagman that can keep up. More than a few times last year& this year i have been put behind cars that never passed me. Not all of us run raceceivers . But i know who was in front of me.

I also would like to have green or yellow not both...the yellow light drowns out the green on the front straight. I lost a second place finish due to the green/yellow. I was waiting for everyone to get lined up while the cars that were way behind passed me because i thought the race was under a caution. I dont race at Shady Oaks very often because our class only races there once a year, but i thought i would throw my 2 cents in.

Archived