Next Race, Saturday August 10th

That was the worst the track has been since they opened. Racing sure was better when track was dry and smooth. plus a lot less equipment tore up. Hope they get it figured out. Nobody wants to race on that wet/slimy rough stuff. In Danny we trust.

That was the worst the track has been since they opened. Racing sure was better when track was dry and smooth. plus a lot less equipment tore up. Hope they get it figured out. Nobody wants to race on that wet/slimy rough stuff. In Danny we trust.

Maybe because it rained the two weeks before, "a lot"

In the last 3 weeks, it happened to rain there for about 30 minutes on the 27th on the way to the track and it rained on Friday july 19th.. that's it. Since the 27th its been over 100 degrees everyday with low humidity. I think it has more to do with the 500,000 gallons of water put on the track. Not to mention the watering of the track at about 6:30 before the races start not having enough cars to pack it in. Again, I just thought by now, (being August), that we would have found a way to please the drivers as well as the people in the stands.

Mod88, there is no way that a race track is going to please everyone. Not everyone likes a dry dustbowl and not everyone wants a swamp. It simply doesnt matter what the track condition is, someone is going to complain. Not trying to start anything, just my opinion. With the startling number of tracks closing lately, I'm just glad there are few tracks left to race on.

In the last 3 weeks, it happened to rain there for about 30 minutes on the 27th on the way to the track and it rained on Friday july 19th.. that's it. Since the 27th its been over 100 degrees everyday with low humidity. I think it has more to do with the 500,000 gallons of water put on the track. Not to mention the watering of the track at about 6:30 before the races start not having enough cars to pack it in. Again, I just thought by now, (being August), that we would have found a way to please the drivers as well as the people in the stands.

When the track is dry people bitch... When the track is wet people bitch... Maybe they are just mixing it up a little. trying to give everyone what they want....

I agree with everything you all posted.. You are missing my point. I thought by now that they would have figured out how to have it not too dry, not too tacky, somewhere in between. My idea was to water the top and the bottom more so than the rest of the track to help keep the dust down. This would help make the racing surface more racy while at the same time keeping the dust down. Dumping 500,000 gallons of water on the track to keep a couple of people in the stands that do not understand what happens at a DIRT track is not the answer. Usually the number of classes and cars dictates how many gallons of water you would put on the track. In this case, I do not think that we have enough cars to justify how much water is being put on the track. I also believe it would help if they didn't water so close to race time.

Archived