pure stock passengers

dy97

what are the rules on having a passenger in the pure stock class?

I not sure that there is a rule...from what I know...must have everything driver has...suit tie and all...plus racing belt...

thats what my car has....dont quote me b/c im not good on rules....lol

what are the rules on having a passenger in the pure stock class?

I not sure that there is a rule...from what I know...must have everything driver has...suit tie and all...plus racing belt...

thats what my car has....dont quote me b/c im not good on rules....lol

Yeah. I just noticed that people usually dont have riders in the features.. i assumed it was because of weight.. but thought maybe there was a rule against it. But thats the whole reason i went to the pure stock class so that i could share what its like to be in the car with my group. I really didnt want to go re configuring my cage if riders were limited to heat races only.

From what I've seen, it is pretty much the decision to not increase weight with no one really having them in the feature. But, I have seen a few here and there... I think the passenger seat in a purestok is one of the coolest things and what an opportunity to share the experience with someone and maybe even get them interested in the class.

I actually tried it the other night and it felt like it helped the car stick low...lol...but it was a really neat experience for both of us..

Longs they dont try to grab wheel...lol then we all in trouble..

I actually rode in your car, with the former driver and found it to be a blast as well as helpful to see what a driver is doing and what he has to do to control the car. I would suggest that anyone wanting to drive, do a ride along, it is a great learning tool. It also allows someone who might never able to drive a car, a little fun.

I don't have anything in the rules about it. Just as long as you make weight but mainly

the rider has all safety equipment that driver has. Safety seat, 5 point harness belt system, helmet, fire suit, minimum.

But I think it's a cool idea.

I don't have anything in the rules about it. Just as long as you make weight but mainly

the rider has all safety equipment that driver has. Safety seat, 5 point harness belt system, helmet, fire suit, minimum.

But I think it's a cool idea.

What about door bars, just in case of a broadside hit?

I would have loved to do the very same thing to a late model or a modified. then have the announcer draw a fans ticket that was put in a bucket after waiver was signed and let them see what it looks like from the inside... so much different than in the stands. Mickey and I actually discussed this at one time, and would have done it if we could have raked up a few sponsors to help with incidentals.

Archived