HMS

artsfan

GUNDOG,

This is what it says in the email from Jon.

ARTS Truck Feature (50 Laps) Followed by Trophy Presentations

Hobby Stock Feature (25 Laps or 12 minutes)

Maybe next time you will look and see what they are talking about before you say something.

the hobby stock race is more or less an exibition race to get the dirt guys who are tired of running the dirt a chance to show the bakers that they can put on a good show in a very short time the word has spread like wild fire.. the track wants (drivers too) a class like a hobby or bomber "entry level" to run as part of a weekly show... I think the track could be headed in the right direction the little cars dont put people in the seats the big cars that pay a purse do.. ie corpus, gator,sas hot rod hill

and A. J. dancer you should come out and run I also think the hobby guys should put up a few bucks each to have a small purse for this weekend say 25-50 dollars per car could easily have a 500-600 dollar purse

Good Luck, we tried to create a class in the winter of 02. Had a few cars show up, had some good races, but the Bakers shut us out. They said that the insurance company wouldn’t let them run a class like ours because the cars were too heavy. 3300lbs.

We supported the track and didn’t get anything in return i.e. no purse, heck they still owe me a trophy.

After being told that they would give us a few months to get the car count up, most of the guy changed their cars to the new rules; tires, rims etc…. Then after maybe a week or two went by we were told we couldn’t race.

Keep us posted on what happens

Archived