Street Stock Tires

xmod97

Here is the CBS Rule on tires:

TIRES AND WHEELS:

1. D.O.T. Tires Only with Maximum 9 in. tread width. No recaps and NO tire softeners.

2. Hoosier G-60, KK704 or 15KK704-short Tires, or 8” or 10” asphalt pull-off tires Allowed.

3. Grooved or Siping of tires are the only tire modification Allowed. No tire softner.

4. Steel wheels ONLY. Maximum wheel size allowed is 15” x 8”. Any back spacing ok.

5. One (1) bead-lock is allowed. Bead-lock outer rings may be steel or aluminum.

6. 1” O.D. lug nuts are required. ⅝ lug studs are required.

7. Wheel spacers & Adapters may be used.

Here is the SOS rule:

Aftermarket wheels are allowed. Max width of 10"

Minimum tire tread width is 8”– maximum of 10”. HOOSIER Dirt Boss or approved by Track Tech.

We do not allow Good Year Dirt Tires.

I will be checking tires for compliance to the rules and you will be DQ if you are not right.

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone punched the goodyear dirt tires and compared to others? The problem is all the tracks within 3 hrs of each other and all the different tire rules.

I have, they are the same duro as g-60s. The hoosier 500s were softer... After i came to race there (and ran second to Aj) everyone was complaining i guess. 2 days later the goodyears were banned, so we wont be coming back anytime soon. I cant afford tires for 2-3 different tracks because the tech guy and promotor cant do their homework before telling another 10 cars from gator they cant come race.. doesnt make since..

True, And it was probably the guys fighting for last that were fussing! LOL

BAHAHAHA... Everytime. Funny part is i didnt even win, i ran second to AJ. (hell of a racer) I think he was running take offs. If i get beat, i go home and do my homework. Not run over to the tech guy and complain.

BAHAHAHA... Everytime. Funny part is i didnt even win, i ran second to AJ. (hell of a racer) I think he was running take offs. If i get beat, i go home and do my homework. Not run over to the tech guy and complain.

Good Year Dirt Tires have never been legal at CBS

Good Year Dirt Tires have never been legal at CBS

Yeah, we got that part. Thanks for the explanation...

Archived