Plea to STS racers

thumper

All of us at South Texas Speedway are truley blessed to have the best run,most populas and highest level of competetion south of Dallas.With an average 100 race cars every nite and stands full of real fans no racer could ask for more.Except me......

Halfway through our second year its clear the Sport Compact series is floundering.It has tremendous potential but not well known to many.This series is very successful up north and can be here too.The cars are simple and securing the doner car is 80% of the challange.These are not frontrunners which are more like klunkers,we can tune them up chassis wise for oval track racing.Using factory built parts its like whar racing started out to be.Real stock car racing.

Owen has made a commitment to this deal even though we have not yet honored him with the car count he deserves.Our purse is average nationwide even without a full field.I fear his patience is not unlimited so heres my plea.

To all racers at STS we can use a little help.Most of you have a shop and equipment and can easily perpare a car suteable to race with the Sport Compacts.Even if you not intrested in driving one I ask you to look for someone you know weather it be a family member,pit crew member a neighbor or a member from another association like bowlers or bikers and offer some help to get them racing with us.I see a lot of ex racers and intrested parties who would loke to be a part of the show but lack a little something.You guys got everything,it cant hurt to share.Help someone race a SC car.It can be fun to watch your car compete.Especially if the commitment is not that much.If I were closer I would have several cars.At RGS I once sponsored 6 SC type cars while racing my modified.Every driver had to keep their own car going but we used my shop and I helped with parts.In return when mine and my brothers modifieds rolled out for our races we had a full pit crew.

So come on guys we just need a little help getting this thing rolling and it will take off from there.Help someone field a car if you can.It will benifit everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived