Payout and General Info for 6/15/13

dancer52

This weekend Cotton Bowl Speedway is hosting the Smileys Sprint Series of Texas. Pit Passes will be $30 and General Admission $15. There is also an increased purse for the Pure Stocks, Street Stocks and Limited Modifieds. If you have any questions, I'll do the best I can to get the answers.

Brenda

post-207-1371062032.jpg

post-207-1371062045.jpg

I would recommend the track paying down through the field instead of a straight $75.00 from 10-17, start with $90 then work your way down to the $50.00, this gives the racers in the 14 spot a reason to pass number 13, yes I know, we all want to pass the car in front of us blah blah blah, but make it worth the effort if only for $5.00. The track could work the numbers so it would be the same purse, just a little more time to stuff the envelopes. This is only my opinion.

joe

I would recommend the track paying down through the field instead of a straight $75.00 from 10-17, start with $90 then work your way down to the $50.00, this gives the racers in the 14 spot a reason to pass number 13, yes I know, we all want to pass the car in front of us blah blah blah, but make it worth the effort if only for $5.00. The track could work the numbers so it would be the same purse, just a little more time to stuff the envelopes. This is only my opinion.

joe

if you need a reason to pass a car...your in this sport for the wrong reason. If you really need a reason why this pay is good IMO....its because some goober will wreck the 13th place car for 5 bucks when the are really just a 14th place car..... AJ

Agree with Joe on this one. Not because of motivation to pass the car in front of me, but it has never made sense to me why I would get the same amount of $$ as someone who finishes behind me. I will never understand this. That's why in sports, when you see the top 3 finishers on the podium, or even in the Olympics, the first place finisher is up the highest, then 2nd, then 3rd and so forth! There has to be some sort of benefit to finishing ahead of the people behind you. If its 5 bucks, so be it, its a matter of principle. However, Props to the track for adding more money to the payout that's awesome.

Agree with Joe on this one. Not because of motivation to pass the car in front of me, but it has never made sense to me why I would get the same amount of $$ as someone who finishes behind me. I will never understand this. That's why in sports, when you see the top 3 finishers on the podium, or even in the Olympics, the first place finisher is up the highest, then 2nd, then 3rd and so forth! There has to be some sort of benefit to finishing ahead of the people behind you. If its 5 bucks, so be it, its a matter of principle. However, Props to the track for adding more money to the payout that's awesome.

Ok...am I confused? Dont the top 3 places pay more? I am guessing you will also want a trophy for your 17th place finish. Personally...I would feel that i need to go home and work on my car if I finished 16th...not go home and wonder why the 17th car made as much as me...but...how about this...we ask danny to take 100$ from first, 75$ from second, and 50$ from third and re-distribute it thru the field... But...if danny ever askes me for my advice....it would be to close up shop and find something else to waste your time on...you will never make anyone happy. I personally think the pay back (thru the field) is better at this track than any I have ran....and....as a racer..I am amazed at todays sense of entitelment...I would not care if first place paid 100$ less than second....I would never settle for less than the best I could do.... AJ

What are you confused about? I was simply stating that if you finish ahead of someone, you should get paid more than them. Whether its $1, $2 or $5, or a chicken and box of cracker-jacks, doesn't matter. Just a matter of principle. That's not a sense of entitlement whatsoever, that's common sense.

I never said this is an issue with Danny or Cottonbowl speedway, in fact, it is not. I understand that they pay better than most tracks in Texas. If you compare the payback to other tracks in the nation, that is a different story.

If you don't care that first place pays $100 less than second, you and I are on different brain waves there.

Archived