Minor League

zoom

I saw a bunch of discussion and opinions in the thread "new truck series at HMS". IF our sport of auto racing in Texas is ailing, we need to fix it. I don't think that we can say the track owners or series owners should fix it. I think we ALL fix it. Why aren't we making use of the "minor leagues" that we have. We need car counts?

Lets get new blood in the sport. For example. SAS is trying a new class of roadrunner. There is 1 car. Why can't the experienced veterans find and help/encourage new young drivers to enter the roadrunner class. It can't be that expensive (except for the nascar license and pit fees, and $4.36 a gallon gas) I think that if we locate, cultivate and mentor the new guys, we can keep a whole new crop of drivers coming in. We will always have attrition to car counts. That is a given. What are we doing to replace them?

Probably nothin but squallin about low car counts. :(

:) Zoom you have a good point and a good idea. I just loked at the set of rules for the roadrunner class and they are not too bad a set of rules,but they should have left out the performer intake clause right off the bat,and what tires are they running that have to be bought from the track tire dealer,if they are a hard tire that will last most of the season and are reasonably priced then I agree with it otherwise it should be street tires,yes I know the track can eat tires quicker than a 1/4 mile track does.I did notice that there is no minimum weight,but there is no gutting also. What are the roadrunners getting paid? Remember the true stock,that was supposed to be the salvation of the track? It still costs to build the car and run it every week,you still need some return,add it all up,these classes usually bring in the most people with them. At 25 to get in the pits per person,your nascar license fee,fuel,and repairsit doesn't take long to add up.On a final note at least the sodas are 1/3 the cost of what they are at the spurs games.

Archived