some videos from 4-20

dancer52

in car from the 73 pure stock....some great driving from a true rookie my arms are sore just from watching....lol

him from the outside

the street stock feature (from outside) Great job from Bo on the win...but I still think he is crazy for driving thru the ruts on purpose...

There are more on their Youtube channel

Thanks to John an Amber for the videos...AJ

in car from the 73 pure stock....some great driving from a true rookie my arms are sore just from watching....lol

him from the outside

the street stock feature (from outside) Great job from Bo on the win...but I still think he is crazy for driving thru the ruts on purpose...

There are more on their Youtube channel

Thanks to John an Amber for the videos...AJ

Damn,tight,loose,rough,snappy loose tight again straightaway,sh+t car on outside

Sh+t corner entry,white tire,car on outside wayyyy loose my cars tight,loose,crossed up

A few pointers from aj and that driver has the car to win looks like to me,good job holding on to it

in one word that track was bad i car i torn up

The stands look really empty

lol..there not. (nothing like sos last time I was there)

The stands are really big, and the people are spread out (I know..I was passing out pictures at intermission). Would like to see more people....but...until the weather stays warm...I dont see that happening.

Here is my in-car..

and the rear...

That place would be bad fast if they could get there stuff together. How are you expected to fix the handle on the car when all your doing is bouncing around?

How do you propose they "get their stuff together" ?

They tried something different..it didnt work. Or...are you saying they should just try the same thing every week and expect different results?

Im pretty sure they dont want the track to rut up. I know for a fact their trying to make it smooth and fast....and that is all you can ask them to do...

Personally I just think their has been to much rain..and to much water added...and when summer rolls around and dries the track out (evenly)...then it will be more consistant.

But...if there was just one way to set up a car...all our cars would be clones.....and since mud and climate change from track to track...there is no set standard they can use to prepare a track.

And even though some of you will get your feelings hurt....I think they need to solve this puzzle on their own (how to prepare track)...to many people going in to many directions will not help. The term to many chiefs and not enough indians comes to mind.

The track has to try little changes and see how the track reacts...after they have tried everything they can think of...then it would be time to seek outside counsel. Unless of course a person who has worked on several track surfaces can help...but trust me...just going to watch is not the same. I used to think the same thing about I37...the most inconsistant track I have ever raced on....so I started showing up early to see how they prepared the track....and...it didnt take me long to understand how daunting track prep was....those guys worked themself ragged trying to make it the best they could....but the amount of variables that changed everything was astounding.

AJ, you hit the nail on the head.

Prepping a dirt track is simple. All you need is an advanced degree in meteorology, a PhD in soils testing, a thorough understanding of the interaction between relative humidity and atmospheric evaporation, plus thousands of hours of experience on a maintainer with a specialty in building a progressively-angled banking with a flat blade and a wife who doesn't mind you spending days each week away from home for little, or no, pay.

And the benefits are great. You get to eat dust and fumes for hours on end at 5 MPH. I'm sure there are others, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

And then when you're all done, you learn that nobody was happy with your work But that's OK because then you get to listen to the "helpful" suggestions - everything from "make it a dust bowl" to "make it a swamp." LOL

Nick

That place would be bad fast if they could get there stuff together. How are you expected to fix the handle on the car when all your doing is bouncing around?

How do you propose they "get their stuff together" ?

They tried something different..it didnt work. Or...are you saying they should just try the same thing every week and expect different results?

Im pretty sure they dont want the track to rut up. I know for a fact their trying to make it smooth and fast....and that is all you can ask them to do...

Personally I just think their has been to much rain..and to much water added...and when summer rolls around and dries the track out (evenly)...then it will be more consistant.

But...if there was just one way to set up a car...all our cars would be clones.....and since mud and climate change from track to track...there is no set standard they can use to prepare a track.

And even though some of you will get your feelings hurt....I think they need to solve this puzzle on their own (how to prepare track)...to many people going in to many directions will not help. The term to many chiefs and not enough indians comes to mind.

The track has to try little changes and see how the track reacts...after they have tried everything they can think of...then it would be time to seek outside counsel. Unless of course a person who has worked on several track surfaces can help...but trust me...just going to watch is not the same. I used to think the same thing about I37...the most inconsistant track I have ever raced on....so I started showing up early to see how they prepared the track....and...it didnt take me long to understand how daunting track prep was....those guys worked themself ragged trying to make it the best they could....but the amount of variables that changed everything was astounding.

I understand you sticking up for your home track, but outside looking in it looks like it could be better. Everything ive heard about the place is good execpt for the track prep. Everyone that has traveled there says they wont come back till they can figure out how to prep a track that size. I didnt mean to come off being rude, but the facts are the facts. I watched your video and made a comment "once they get there stuff together" it will be bad fast" and thats the truth. My job is to bring a fast race car to the track, and thats what i do. The track owners job is to provide a racing surface that is raceable..... When the get there stuff together you will have more than 8 street stocks show up every night including me. Again this is just my 2 cents, didnt mean to get everyone worked up with my opinion.

Wow.... Are we still talking about this? The track was rough we know. Everybody had the same track to race on. They didn't get the track right so what? I'm sure they didn't want it that way. Lets move on and race. The track is never going to be the same night after night. Inconsistency is a good thing! Tacky,wet,dry, rough,smooth doesn't matter everybody has the same track. Lets stop beating a dead horse and go racing!

Jmo...Bo

Archived