Hudak Overtakes Yale in TSRS points

Texas Super Racing Series

Public Relations Office (512) 784-3026 * Series Information Line (512) 899-2602

Press Office Phone (281) 482-6798 * Press Office Fax (281) 648-4601

For Immediate Release

Hudak Overtakes Yale in Texas Super Racing Series Points Race

By: Pat Mayberry

Brad Hudak overcame broken teeth on a fly wheel in practice and starter problems during the race to extend his recent string of top five finishes to five races in a row at the Space City 125 at Houston Motorsports Park. With his second place finish, Hudak overtook Mike Yale in the season point race in the Texas Super Racing Series. With only the annual OctoberFast race at San Antonio Speedway remaining on the Texas Super Racing Series schedule as a point race, Hudak is now the hunted instead of the hunter.

Hudak entered the Space City 125 eighteen point behind Yale, but left with a twelve point lead. "Our goal was to leave here with the lead and go to San Antonio to finish off the season and that is what we are going to do," said a jubilant Hudak after the race. "I'm delighted. The crew worked so hard to get us to this point. We've got two weeks to go over the car and make sure everything is right before we go to San Antonio."

Yale added additional pressure to the race when he grabbed all ten bonus points during the POWERDEMON.COM Pit Stop Challenge before the race. Yale, who has held the point lead since opening night, was fast and at the front of the pack from the time the green fell, but unfortunately, had three flat tires during the race forcing him to finish six laps off the pace. "The car was great tonight. We had something for them," stated Yale. "Then there was that melee on the front straight-a-way. You could see the debris everywhere on the track and in retrospect I probably should have just stopped. I felt it when I ran over something. Three flats in one night. It's nobody's fault. It's just the way it played out."

Excluding any bonus points, the winner of each Texas Super Racing Series race receives 180 points. The runner-up in each event scores 170 points. From there, the point total declines in five-point increments for places two through six. Points awarded drop four points per driver for positions seven through eleven and three-point increments separate drivers' points for finishers of twelve or lower.

On the only other trip the series made to San Antonio this season, Yale finished second and Hudak fifth. A similar finish in the final point race would return Yale to the top of the mountain. Hudak is determined to win the Crown. Every position will be important as these two gladiators prepare for the season finale.

The next stop for the MAGNUM Trailers sponsored series Texas Super Racing Series will be October 16th at San Antonio Speedway. For more information on series dates or rules please visit the series web site at www.manracingpromotions.com

Archived