Street Stock Rule Change March 18, 2013

xmod97

Street Stocks from SOS will be allowed to run by SOS rules with CBS Street Stocks. There will be no mixing of rules. CBS Street Stocks must pass Tech. per CBS rules and SOS cars must pass Tech. per SOS rules. (No Exceptions). Rules are posted on www.cottonbowlspeedway.com This has been done in the Street Stock shootout and has worked well.

Jimmy

Street Stocks from SOS will be allowed to run by SOS rules with CBS Street Stocks. There will be no mixing of rules. CBS Street Stocks must pass Tech. per CBS rules and SOS cars must pass Tech. per SOS rules. (No Exceptions). Rules are posted on www.cottonbowlspeedway.com This has been done in the Street Stock shootout and has worked well.

Jimmy

I think this is not fair for CBC.

SOS Wheel Rule:

4. Wheels and Tires

Steel wheels only with a max width of 10”.

Aftermarket wheels are allowed. Max width of 10".

Minimum tire tread width is 8”–maximum of 10”. HOOSIER Dirt Boss or approved by Track Tech

CBS Wheel Rule:

TIRES AND WHEELS:

1. D.O.T. Tires Only with Maximum 9 in. tread width. No recaps and NO tire softeners.

2. Hoosier G-60, KK704 or 15KK704-short Tires, or 8” or 10” asphalt pull-off tires Allowed.

3. Grooved or Siping of tires are the only tire modification Allowed. No tire softner.

4. Steel wheels ONLY. Maximum wheel size allowed is 15” x 8”. Any back spacing ok.

There was a post on this yesterday giving cbs cars a chance to speak up, I believe cbs tech did a good job of posting all the difference in the rules and the consensus was the motor placement, piston difference, cam difference and some other differences made up for the tire size. I for one don't like rule changes but believe cbs went about this properly by asking for input from other teams/drivers in the class and it should help to build the class. Then again I don't have a ss so my posting doesn't really mean squat.

Joe

I have to agree with 44.... trust me... If the sos cars would change to 8 inch wheels and g60 tires...well then they would be legal for our pure stocks. (ok..they would need to change intakes) but... this is NOT unfair to the cbs cars. If your still unsure..come by Saturday and talk to me...but...since the rule is now in writing...you think they have an advantage...by all means...go by them...once you made your car SOS legal...I bet you will find your finishing order in the feature will not improve.... AJ 52 street stock

Jimmy

I think this is not fair for CBC.

SOS Wheel Rule:

4. Wheels and Tires

Steel wheels only with a max width of 10”.

Aftermarket wheels are allowed. Max width of 10".

Minimum tire tread width is 8”–maximum of 10”. HOOSIER Dirt Boss or approved by Track Tech

CBS Wheel Rule:

TIRES AND WHEELS:

1. D.O.T. Tires Only with Maximum 9 in. tread width. No recaps and NO tire softeners.

2. Hoosier G-60, KK704 or 15KK704-short Tires, or 8” or 10” asphalt pull-off tires Allowed.

3. Grooved or Siping of tires are the only tire modification Allowed. No tire softner.

4. Steel wheels ONLY. Maximum wheel size allowed is 15” x 8”. Any back spacing ok.

Check there rules.

Weight: Same

SOS no weight Jacks allowed (Adjustable spring spacer) CBS allowed weight jacks

SOS stock location mounted springs, shocks, A-framees

Front: CBS allowed tubler upper A-arms, Upper control arm

towers may be moved for caster and camber adjustment or weight jack installation

Rear: 3 link with no traction control device (spring or biscuit) and solid top link no

longer than 36 inches with stock un-altered OEM lower control arms of stock length allowed.

Pan hard bars may not be shorter than 26 inches and must be solid.

Head: Same both tracks

Engine: SOS 5.7 rods CBS: 5.7 or 6 inch, SOS 4 valve relief Pistons CBS: flat top pistons , SOS: Cam 15 inchs @ 1000RPM or .480 lift @ valve . CBS CAM: Any flat tappet camshaft: solid or hydraulic

SOS stock Ignition, CBS Any Battery type ignition only.

Intake: SOS only allowed alum. Intake is Weiand PN 7547 or 7547-1 or Edlebrock #2701

CBS: Cast iron manifold or Aluminum manifold allowed (Max Carburetor base Height 6.25” including adapters & gaskets)

SOS: Stock flywheel flywheel & clutch CBS: Alum. Flywheel or mini-clutch

Wheels: SOS wheels 10 inch max. CBS: wheels 8 inch max.

Tires: SOS 10 inch wide dirt boss CBS: Hoosier G-60, KK704 or 15KK704-short Tires, or 8” or 10” asphalt pull-off tires Allowed. Grooved or Siping of tires are the only tire modification Allowed. No tire softner

This is not an over night thought nor an over night decision. This has been an ongoing real live ongoing experiment for over 3 years. Many of the existing CBS street stocks have been part of this 3 year experiment (The Shootout). Again the shootout has proven and proven and yet proven again that these differences while on paper are straight up very close to on the track performance. None of the current tracks have a large local street stock class to lean back on and be overwhelmingly excited about. Betweem 10 - 15 cars is about what you can expect at any of the area tracks. With our tracks allowing this at least they can expect a couple out of towners from time to time to stop by and play. Over a full year of racing this adds up to alot of visits, money and most of all keeping the street stock class healthy. This class is expensive and it could easily very easily fall apart and dissappear if things like this are not considered. AJ and myself have raced both 8" and 10" over the 3 years and I prefer the 8" regardless of what track and our on the track results speak for themselves.

No dog in this hunt, BUT,,, with a victor jr intake, unlimited cam, a mini clutch and the way cbs allows the 3 links to be mounted, those 10 in. Tires will not touch AJ dancer. Cuddos to AJ, the rules allow him to do it so do what is allowed and dont complain. Just race. Best of luck cbs.

Archived