chassis dyno

huff37

I have a sun rolling road dyno that blows fuse on one leg of 220v input.have checked the retarder its ok but thats about the extent of my electrical knowledge.is there anyone closer than n.carolina that can fix these suckers?

does it have a power supply unit?control tranformer? maybe look on line for some type of trouble shooting guide.

has a control console about 2ft by 4ft by 5 ft tall containing rectifiers,transformers diodes doodads thimagigs and lots of wires

too bad you are not closer between John witche and myself we could have all the electrical and the electronics covered. Does it blow when you power up or when you are using? These can help you isolate you which components it is. Turn off power and open control cabinet and see or smell if something burned. That may not be the problem but may have burned becouse of the problem.

Clare

IT BLOWS as soon as I power up.the torque meter pointer slowly rotates round and round.have the cabinet open and do not see anything burned.the info plate on cabinet and frame(where the brake is both show 15amp 220 volt but looking at what little wiring diag. I have it seems to show both circuits tied together making it 110? I"m totally cornfused!

Not quite correct as one of my trainers would say. J J and S racing is an electrician and he can answer that. Are you sure it is wired correctly. Has it worked in that location before? Is this something new to you? no adding two 220 volt lines together does not make 110. Are you in a hurry to repair as I travel statewide alot?

Clare

Please add pictures of the hook up and little diagram sounds allot like it may be a 110 unit . No legs off 220 should ever touch eachother as they are on different phases and will immediately arc. In us most supply's are 110v=110-N-G 220v=110-110-N till u get into 3phase

yes 220v 15a and you may be right about rectifiers which I have no way to check.even if I had the test equipment I am not sure I would know how to use it.My electronics ability falls off sharply behind a test light

• 1 month later...

Archived