My first trip to CBS

sm44

Want to thank the crew and staff for letting us come and putting the mods last knowing we had to change gears after tts rained out. This is my feed back and my .00002 cents on the track:

The goods:

Top notch facilities...hands down second to none in Texas.( at least that I've been too.

Quick ran show, over by 10, the car count helped it get over quick but the track did as well.

Fast smooth track even with the moisture we had all day, I hope normal nights it goes slick and time will tell on that.

Good lighting in the pits.

My advice to improve the show:

Come up with a consistent way to invert the field. Having the heat winners start on the pole is boring for the features, look how imca does it or do a draw redraw each night.

Drivers need see see what they draw, not over a radio and hoping whomever is in the booth doesn't have a sister'scousinsuncle in your class, not saying this happened by any means, just take that possibility away.

Communication between the board and the booth, had two modifieds not on the board, guy put them on the board but the booth didn't score them, I'm assuming communication was lost?

One or two at most parade laps prior to the races, I swear we followed the pace truck 6 laps...probably not but felt like it.

TECH...TECH...TECH..the rules have been posted for 4 months, no grace period needed, be legal or watch. We don't know if the winner had a chip, roller motor lift arm or was 100% legal, we know he made weight. I know of at least 3 cars that stayed home because of this.

I'm sure there are more but this is off the top of my head. Please don't turn this into a gripe fest, I have raced modifiedsfrom Boone to Vegas and everywhere in between, I want to help this track prosper. They have a great start and with a little tweaking of procedures will be the place to race in Texas..period.

My car was wicked fast but broke the motor early in the feature, think I had something for terry had I not broke.

Look forward to a trip back when I can make it.

Joe spillman imca mod 444

Archived