Things that need to be addressed in Drivers meeting...

Heres what I saw last saturday sitting in the stands and in the pits..

1. Drivers need to be told to know where they are at when they come out for a heat race. several heat races ran 10 pace laps before the drivers got lined up!

2. USE the racecevers! you tell every driver to bring on and you didn't use it once!!!!

3. What time of restart line up is the track using? needs to be addressed in drivers meetting and explained to new drivers!

Other than good show!

Heres what I saw last saturday sitting in the stands and in the pits..

1. Drivers need to be told to know where they are at when they come out for a heat race. several heat races ran 10 pace laps before the drivers got lined up!

2. USE the racecevers! you tell every driver to bring on and you didn't use it once!!!!

3. What time of restart line up is the track using? needs to be addressed in drivers meetting and explained to new drivers!

Other than good show!

agree...also..race length...

10 lap heat races is to long.

20 lap features for 14 cars is also to long.

and use the dang racecievers... I HATE them....they get in the way...and cause alot of problems getting in the car. If I go thru the trouble of putting it on...just to hear nothing...well..lets just say its way past annoying. If your having problems with your end...tell us...no need for 100 drivers to go thru that trouble for no reason.

and I think he meant what type of restart. not time.

As for the starting line up. Just tell the track worker to get out of the way and let us enter the track by row...not by lane.

AJ

First off, for a New Race Track, New Staff... and all being said, it was a great night. Just Cold!

I haven't had time nor have an email address to send feedback. but here's what i was going to send.

Both our drivers had Scanner's on... and neither heard any traffic on the Drivers channel.

Think it all happened on the officials channel.

If there is going to be Hot Pitting in the infield, there needs to be some protection in the infield. There was a Sport mod, that had to save it, well if he didn't there could have been people in the path.

Agree with Heat Races, 8 laps max...

Make the feature races based on Car Count. 20+ Cars, 20 laps, under 20, 15 laps.

Also think someone mentioned it.. but lighting on the outside of the garage needs to be a little better so walkers are visible.

Track surface, giving the 2nd groove alittle more banking off the corners to help get side by side racing, and help keep cars off the wall especially off 2 would help the show. Right now its a single groove, and that's going to breed rough racing.

All and hall still happy and enjoyed the track.

Every track has things that could use attention. And as long as things stay constructive on here I'm cool with bringing those things to the attention of the track - although, I must say one more time, it's always better to bring concerns directly to the track management since often times people mistake suggestions for bashing and then get on here and feel it's OK to bash.

It's not OK to bash on here, so let's keep this very constructive thread constructive, please.

Thanks.

Nick

they didnt let me race but i went to watch for the frist night it was not bad the only thing i saw was on restarts the frist place car should have been my his self or is that your rules but over all not bad

I heard later on that this was a mistake....I dont think they meant to do it this way....we will see for sure the next race....but...those sure were weird starts...

I sent Danny a list of things I saw but the main couple were this.

* No official on the track unless he has a safety vest or bring colors.

* Push infield tires half way up the track for hotlaps, bring em down some for heat races and then finally push em to their current location for features. This should help from having a one groove bottom only race track like last week.

* If drivers can find their starting spots within a lap or two at the most drop the green flag. Waiting on car back in the 6th spot and back is a waste of everyones time espicially the tracks.

I never get enough laps, was working my way up from the back in the feature and would like to have 10 more. Don passed me around the outside in the heat and you could have put another car between us. Still not sure how he did that though I tried the high groove and almost shook my eyeballs out. The raceivers should help the line up but cars should be in order before we go on the track. Just need someone to get everyone in order or get drivers to do it. It helps to have a # on the back of your car so you can see who your behind.

* Push infield tires half way up the track for hotlaps, bring em down some for heat races and then finally push em to their current location for features. This should help from having a one groove bottom only race track like last week.

I am curious how this would help. It seems to me like you would be saving the bottom groove. Then by feature time it would still have moisture and be the best groove by far. So you would end up with the shortest distance also having the best moisture. I also think you would tear up a lot of cars by moving the tires around.

The goal of all dirt tracks is to find the method of creating a track that is same top middle to the bottom allowing multigrooves. CBS will eventually get this going but it takes time and learning how much water during the week, on race day, when is the last watering session prior to packing. Some tracks never get a handle on it and others never have an issue. Until you get a grip of what it takes you have to use the tires to keep cars from being bottom feeders. Last weeks track was only a bottom groove because thats is where everyone raced. So by moving out the tires you are forcing other grooves to see racing action thus drying and packing those areas that never saw a race tire last week. Throughout hotlaps and heats you must monitor it to determine when the track tires must be slide down. Hopefully by feature time you have 3 grooves but at the least you should have 2 very consistant grooves. Once they figure out the watering and track characterics this method might not ever have to be used again.

The goal of all dirt tracks is to find the method of creating a track that is same top middle to the bottom allowing multigrooves. CBS will eventually get this going but it takes time and learning how much water during the week, on race day, when is the last watering session prior to packing. Some tracks never get a handle on it and others never have an issue. Until you get a grip of what it takes you have to use the tires to keep cars from being bottom feeders. Last weeks track was only a bottom groove because thats is where everyone raced. So by moving out the tires you are forcing other grooves to see racing action thus drying and packing those areas that never saw a race tire last week. Throughout hotlaps and heats you must monitor it to determine when the track tires must be slide down. Hopefully by feature time you have 3 grooves but at the least you should have 2 very consistant grooves. Once they figure out the watering and track characterics this method might not ever have to be used again.

I agree with your goal but I do not understand how that will help. You need a cushion to make the top groove fast. You would start out building a top groove but it would be way around the top. When you move the tires to the bottom that cushion would be a long distance around the top. That would make it difficult to be able to run that much further around and keep up with the bottom groove which will have good moisture. You would also be throwing mud up on the top groove each time you move the tires down and that would make it difficult for cars to continue staying up there and keeping up. I thought the track and the officials did a good job for only their second race. The late start and long break will be taken care of with a little more experience and no power failures. Overall good job and I look forward to going back.

Archived