Hathaway announces plans to compete in Lucas Oil Modified Series

FALCON, COLORADO (February 11, 2013) – Seasoned veteran Mike Hathaway of Falcon, Colorado has announced plans to compete in the Lucas Oil Modified Series for the 2013 season. Hathaway will pilot the #27A car owned by Mike Hunter in the televised nine race series that visits tracks across California, Nevada, Arizona, and Utah.

Hathaway comes into the Lucas Oil Modified Series on the heels of a successful performance in the 2012 NASCAR-sanctioned Modifieds at Colorado National Speedway. Prior to that, he was the 2011 NAPA Speedway Unlimited Modified champion, the 2003 USLMA Super Late Model Series champion, and has racked up multiple victories in Modifieds at Colorado National Speedway and NAPA Speedway, in Late Models in USLMA-sanctioned events at multiple venues, and in Pro-truck competition in the USST Supertruck Series and in the Mid-American Stock Car Series.

That varied racing past for Hathaway should be a benefit for him as the Lucas Oil Modified Series visits six vastly different venues for 2013.

"I have competed on oval tracks as small as 1/5 mile to over 5/8 mile," Hathaway said. "Many times we only had one or two short practice sessions to get comfortable with the track and to tune on the car."

"The Lucas Oil Series has developed into an outstanding touring series, with top-notch competitors, great sponsors and awesome tracks to compete at. I like the race format; it suits my driving style and it compliments how we set up our race cars to win. Mike Hunter has always provided me with great equipment to compete with and I have high expectations for us in 2013.”

The partnership between Hathaway and Hunter began with an unplanned event at Colorado National Speedway in 2009. Against a strong field of competitors, Hathaway finished 5th in the feature event under Hunters guidance.

"It became pretty evident that we could be successful together, after we ran fifth that night," Hathaway said. "So when Mike approached me in 2010 about running a full season in his car at CNS, I decided it seemed like a good fit. We struggled that first season with mechanical gremlins, but we came back in ’11 winning almost every event including the Western States Championship in New Mexico. We ran a limited schedule at CNS in 2012, but always finished inside the top 5, set quick time, and won Challenge Cup. I'm very optimistic about it; I think we can be in contention for wins anywhere we go."

Hathaway-Hunter Racing fields a Champion Chassis with McCabe Motorsports power under the hood. Gress Motorsports shocks handle the bumps, and Axcel Sports and L3 Screenprinting keep Mike and the crew looking their best. Bell helmets, Xtreme Kolors Helmet Painting and A-1 Custom Signs also contribute their products and support to the team.

The 2013 season for Hathaway-Hunter Racing will begin on April 6th at Lucas Oil I-10 Speedway in Blythe, CA and continue on to tracks such as Havasu 95 Speedway, Las Vegas Bullring, Rocky Mountain Raceways, Madera Speedway, and Irwindale Speedway. HHR will also make some select appearances at Colorado National Speedway when their schedule permits.

The team is currently looking for additional marketing partners to assist them for 2013, and will provide an in-depth marketing brochure to anyone interested.

For more information on Hathaway-Hunter Racing, contact Mike at mlhunter88@q.com or follow them on Facebook at "Hathaway-Hunter Racing"

Archived