Tires for Central Texas Speedway & San Antonio Speedway

ssmotor

Hello Racers,

This is my first post on LSS. Wish me luck!

SS Motorsports will continue to supply tires, fuel and parts for Central Texas Speedway (CTS), formerly THR, and San Antonio Speedway (SAS). We have worked with HMP to develop tentative 2013 schedules for CTS & SAS so all three tracks operate without interfering with the others.

The rumor that Goodyear has drastically cut back their short track program is true. We are currently working with HMP in determining the appropriate tire(s) to use in 2013. As John mentioned in his post, the racers will be informed when a decision has been made. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks again,

Jerry Spencer

512/784-1192

I wish that the Modifieds would run the same tires at all 3 Texas tracks as they do in PCola and Mobile. I believe they are Hooiser Tires.... That would be great to be able to have the same tires over here for guy's to atleast take over there to race/test on... I know how hard it is already because I live up in the DFW area and can't get tires anywhere unless, it just makes it easier on people that travel. Just a thought

I wish that the Modifieds would run the same tires at all 3 Texas tracks as they do in PCola and Mobile. I believe they are Hooiser Tires.... That would be great to be able to have the same tires over here for guy's to atleast take over there to race/test on... I know how hard it is already because I live up in the DFW area and can't get tires anywhere unless, it just makes it easier on people that travel. Just a thought

Thanks for the inquiry.

I have emailed both tracks to find out which Hoosier tire they are using for their mods.

Thanks for the inquiry.

I have emailed both tracks to find out which Hoosier tire they are using for their mods.

I have already spoke with Tim Bryant. Five Flags runs the F53. HMP promises if everyone will have some patience, we will choose a tire that has the best combination of performance, durability and cost. Last thing we need is to rush to a decision that results in a bad performing tire that doesn't last more than one race and/or costs an arm and a leg.

on a side note, if mod42 is my buddy, Justin. The only traveling your Modified has done recently is from the show room to the car wash. lol. jk.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived