Practice dates and payouts are posted.

gone with the win

I seen the line up shows "cottonbowl modifieds" on the play dates. Can any modified come practice?

Yes any modified can come as long as you have mufflers on your car. All cars must meet our muffler rule or we can't let them practice.

Awesome!! Thanks.

Looks good except paying the limited mods and street stocks more than the modifieds. I assume/hope that this is an oversight or typo and is going to get corrected.

I noticed that also! Not to pleased with that, it's kinda like a slap in the face after all the extra money we put in these cars

You have to remember last year's race was the same day as tts big show(they had 24 mods) and ksp decided at the last minute to have a show (28 mods) and 2 days before we left for Vegas and I think there were 8-10 of us that went there. I don't expect them to have a full field and wouldn't doubt that more sm show up but wouldn't judge all by the first and only race.

I do have a mod for sale that would eat that big track up, I've raced it in Boone,Iowa, eagle, Nebraska and Vegas, all big tracks that carry lots of momentum.

Joe

With all the suspension options on a mod vs a sport mod, not sure how you would spend more on a limited.

With the theory "pay more to the class that has more cars show up" makes no sense whatsoever. In that case, would it make sense to pay limited mods more than the sprint cars? Absolutely not, same principle with mods. Mods are a higher class at every track in America and should never get paid less than a lower class,, makes no sense and its embarrassing. Also, so what if the mod payouts are a little higher (like they should be) and only 6 cars show up, the track would be spending much less $ vs paying 30 sport mods.

Also, like Joe said, dont go by just that 1 race. I know of alot of mods that plan on running there. Should have no problem getting a full field. However, if these payouts stick, that might change some plans of a few.

I've actually seen quite a few sm with more $$$$ in them then some of the mods. 8000.00 motors, 1000.00 light weight clutches, 2000.00 rear ends...adds up pretty quick, not all needed but if you want to run up front consistently most do spend it. I'm still on the fence about running there after the way Danny spoke to us at the ground breaking, I'll give them a bit and see how things shake out.

Joe

Archived