2013 Modified & Sportmod Rules

xmod97

CBS will be IMCA Modified & Sportmod Rules, Not IMCA sanctioned track for 2013. All cars will be have to be IMCA legal. We did let Sportmod's from other tracks run the Nov. 2012 race with some cars not per our rules. This was for one race, cars will have to meet Cotton Bowl Speedway rules for 2013. We hope we have a good field of cars and we are looking forward to the 2013 season.

Let me get this straight,your worried about car count,you have a set of rules that everybody can run,or you have a set of IMCA rules that the only way your going to get cars is steal them from another track that are running for IMCA points.And them why would they leave that track if they been running there for years.Somebody please make sense of this for me

1. Lots of people have been running certain tracks for years because there were no other options in that area.

2. I dont consider it "stealing" cars from another track. Racers have a choice to race where they want to.

3. There are FAR more IMCA type cars around than "open" type cars in this particular area. If you open up the rules, you will surely get a few of the open type cars but will lose the IMCA type cars, which as described by the previous posts, will not work. It has already been proven.

I hope this makes more sense to you. Its fairly simple.

How many USMTS type cars do you guys think reside in Austin Texas or its surrounding areas? I can think of 2 guys who have cars set up for that type of sanctioning off the top of my head. One of which hasnt been racing these days. Where as theres 3 guys alone for a total of 4 cars that have just commented on this thread that have IMCA legal modifieds. I say 4 cars cause theres 2 sittin in my back yard and I know Brad and Joe both have one. If you want a possibl car count at all, IMCA rules are the way to go.. Want a even better and sustainable car count? Friday nights and a IMCA sanction.. Youll have 15-20 or more mods showing up. Sports mods and everything else will come as well. Theres one track within 2.5 hours that runs on Friday, theres 3 (including cotton bowl) within that same distance that run on Saturday nights and are true sanctioned IMCA tracks. Youre not going to pull the diehard IMCA guys away from those tracks unless you put up $1000 to win every time you run but youre not going to get more than 6 outlaw mods if you went that way either, Id bet. Friday nights, please?

Archived