Engine builders

Latemodel82

Has anyone used dyno flo inc. short blocks

I can not say I've ever used them though I went to there page and checked it out... it doesn't look like bad combinations at all though many of their packages involve parts that require little or no machine work to put together. these parts are readily available by any of your local machine shops. not to discredit there work by any means but as a small texas shop owner I deal with out of state competition all the time and would strongly recommend any of my local (statewide) competition over any Internet builders just for the shear fact that you get the one on one contact by dealing local (even if that means driving to another town). as well as keeping your money local as well. while they may have some fancy machines I can tell you personally that that company is not nearly as concerned with you having a great running car as the local engine builder that is watching from the stands or driving another car at your track. the local guy will usually help you any way he can tuning setup ect. as when it comes down to it his reputation is really the one on the line if your car runs bad or runs good.

I HAVE to agree with you on that Dan. Sure Dynoflo has competitive pricing - but how do they make a profit? Either by volume or corner cutting. I have ~6K in parts and very little outside labor in my 388 Street Rod using the same combo they do (pretty much - I chose to use the late model one piece 350 block) for 6195! SOME of my parts were at jobber while most were at distributor prices. SO assuming the best - their profit margin comes from volume - how do they support the after sale? My experience has been 3-7 points of contact after the sale - and over a 1-2 season time span.

SO if they are selling 200 units per year - support after sale would be a work flow interruption rather than integral to the work flow - just makes more sense to spend the $$ locally.

And will they drink a beer with ya after the win?

Just to add to what Dan and he said is Dan built my engine and has been to the track a couple of times helping me with jets and tuning the carb and that was a big plus as well as I can call anytime and ask a question no matter how stupid and he will gladly answer it for me

Archived