Thanks to Many

sm44

Had nothing but bad luck at the $1000.00 shootout, with that being said I need to send a shout out and thanks to a few people that helped me get going the best I could. Bill Pittaway drove to Corpus to pick up a rearend to loan me, it ended up not working but was still a huge effort. The entire Leonard clan, offered to loan me a rearend that didn't work out either but still the effort. Dustin Blessing (god I hope that is right, it was a frantic rush) welded my rearend at the track and did a hell of a job, without him I would of at the very least been scrambling more than I was and possibly not even raced. Doyle Massa, Jerry Frydrych, Ben Ketteman, Big Mike, Cassie (yes she was turning wrenches), Jimmy Tidwell, Matt Miller all helped me at one time or another. I'm pretty sure I missed some and i'm sorry, text me and i'll edit. It's guys/teams like this that make racing fun. I had crappy luck Saturday in the A but I guess I put myself into that possition.

I also need to thank Gary Harris and Gayla Bruce for letting me drive their extra sportmod, it had been 4 years since setting in one, overall I think we did well and more importantly had a blast doing it.

Also thank you to I-37 for listening to the racers, we asked to I.M.C.A. rules and you listened, we had the largest field of modifieds that I have ever seen at 37, the races went well and the track was smooth and slick for us.

Race safe the remainder of the year everyone and take time to enjoy our hobby, that's why we do it.

joenut

Hey Joe, we too have to give the very much appreciated THANKS to Pappa Pittaway and the Leonard Team for your help! Joe you have helped us out this year so much with us trying to get the hang of Texas race tracks which are very different from our tracks back home. You ran a kickass B main with us and that helped salvage a washed out weekend for us too. Thank you I 37 for that awsome racing experience, Great job on it all. Congrats to all the winners. That was a wild saterday for sure, switching motors at the track is a workout, not many guys will go through the effort Mr. Pittaway and the Leonard team did and that is why they deserve to be the track CHAMPION! You all are champions in our eyes Thank you Thank you!

Even thou many of us had bad luck this weekend and we were all glad that the weekend was over, I still had a great time with all my friends and family. I had great company!

and i'm with Joe, thank you Dustin for helping him out and giving him a chance to race on saturday. It's great seeing drivers give a helping hand like that.... Great sportsmanship, at it's best!!

It was a great season, had it's usual highs and lows but none the less, it was great. Already looking forward to next season! :)

and thank you to Matt Fox for helping my father put our 2nd car together in less than 3 weeks from bare chassis. He put alot of time and sweat into it, but the transmission gave him issues saturday, so that's why he didn't race it in the feature. Looking forward to hopefully taking both cars to STS in december for that race down there.

Good luck to everyone racing at Abilene this weekend, I know Joe, BigMike and Ben are going. Tommy Grimes I believe is going as well.

and good luck to those racing at SAS this weekend. I will be there to support Ryan Doyon and Brandy Ramzinski with their first time racing on asphalt.

Alot of big shows coming up, so please race smart and be safe!!!

Archived