Jeff O'Neill

dano36

I was at the Fairgrounds Speedway in Nashville, TN this past weekend and watched Jeff O'Neill fulfill his dream of running on that track. He started last in the PLM125 and finished 18th. He ran a really good race and drove the track as if he had driven it many times before. Had it not been for one of the local punters taking him out at one point he would have finished higher. His recovery from the spin was remarkable for someone who was running their first race ever on that track as many well know its a hard place to race. I was very proud at the way Jeff handled himself on that track and he has earned the right to be very proud of what he had done. Great Job Jeff and I will see you in San Antonio soon.

Colt James and Trey Mitchell were also there but had problems that caused DNFs for both but they were competitive until the troubles started. Colt did not get the practice time needed to set it up properly so was chasing the car throughout the race and elected to park it after realizing the set up just was not right. Trey ran in the AA 400, starting 3rd after a pill draw after qualifying 8th out of 36 starters. 43 cars were there so some went home early thru the qualifiers and last chance race. Trey finished 22 after dropping our around lap 224 just before the event was halted at lap 227 due to rain. Trey had 3 tires go down on him during the race plus lost his power steering late in the race.

There was a lot of talented drivers there including winner Ross Kenseth. Kyle Busch was the headliner there but crashed hard into the 4th turn wall because of track moisture from the several rain delays the race encountered. He was leading at the time but Kenseth and Bubba Pollard never let him get more than two car lengths from them so it could have gone either way at the end.

I thoroughly enjoyed the PLM125 thanks to Jeff.

post-3-1349829385.jpg

Check for results at www.fairgroundsspeedwaynashville.com. They may be slow coming but they will eventually show up.

Russ. I think you hit the nail on the head. I am sure Sterling Marlin was pleased at how Jeff wheeled that car and how he finished plus he brought the car back in one piece. Many in that race could not say that including the guy who won it.

Jeff. If you read this, contact me at goslo90@gmail.com and I will send you the pictures I tool at Nashville. Again guy, I am proud at how well you showed there. Dano

Dano my friend it was great seeing you there and having a friendly face in the crowd. I apologize for not replying to this sooner but since I got back from Nashville I have not been feeling well at all. Your kind words mean alot to me, I know you have been around racing a long time and for someone like you to take notice and speak so highly of me is truely an honor. And you are definitely right about us getting a better finish if I hadn't gotten dumped, I had worked my way up from 27th to 12th when I got dumped. I may not have won but I really think I could have had a solid Top 10 finish. I will not be making San Antonio because Sterling has asked me to come back and drive for him again on October 20th which is the last race of the season up there. I will shoot you an email tomorrow so I can get those pics from you. Like I said my friend it was so nice seeing you there and meeting your brother!

Mr. DunnRacing99 as of right now I am not sure about the Snowball, I am in talks with a couple teams including Sterling but nothing solid yet. As you know racing is all about sponsorship so if I can secure the needed sponsorship then I would say it is all but a done deal that I will be there. Hoping to announce something by the 2nd week in November one way or the other.

Mr. RussWheeler_18 thank you for the support and the kind words. I have always tried to respect my fellow racers and race people the way I want to be raced. I really hope you are right about that NASCAR ride being in my future! I am a huge believer in "what is meant to be will be" and I have been very fortunate in my racing. Again thank you very much for the support really means alot!

Again I apologize for not responding to you guys sooner, I wish everyone the best of luck in San Antonio and if by chance we get rained out in Nashville I will be on the first flight back to run the race in San Antonio!

Thank you all for the support

Jeff O'Neill

#3 NASCAR Pro Truck

#51 Pro Late Model

www.jeffoneillracing.net

Now we just need to get him to bring his truck to HMP and SAS. C'mon Jeff , you know I'm going to hassle you.

Won't be at SAS unless we get rained out in Nashville, but will be at HMP with the truck on Oct 27th! And hassle me, I wouldn't expect anything less my friend ;)

Won't be at SAS unless we get rained out in Nashville, but will be at HMP with the truck on Oct 27th! And hassle me, I wouldn't expect anything less my friend ;)

Can understand completely why you won't be at SAS Jeff. Sure I will miss you not being there but inside probably wish I could be in Nashville to see you run there again.

I agree you were sailing for a top ten when you got punted which is exactly why I saluted that guy who punted you as he drove by. He liked it so much he saluted me back. But I heard he was a local and this was how he always raced.

Sterling obviously liked the way you wheeled his car Jeff and that is why he wants you back there. You will do well I am sure because it will be a pretty different set of cars out there then what you raced against last week. Some will be the same cars so just watch out for you know who.

Best of luck to you Jeff and keep living that dream. You will go upwards without a doubt.

Dano

Archived