Mufflers and Turn Downs Required

xmod97

I have been asked what type muffler you can run.

You Must run one of these un-altered Mufflers or inserts: SCHOENFELD IMCA609, LOBACK MUFFLER, EXTREME MUFFLER P/N 1014-3030 or 1114-3535, DYNTECH 11" AUGER INSERT or SPEEDWAY 11" UN-ALTERED AUGER INSERT. TURN DOWNS ARE REQUIRED. NO EXHAUST MAY EXIT OUT THE SIDE OF CAR.

Ok...so do all cars in the street stock shootout have to have this...even if they are only running 1 race here? What about cars that have fender well exit headers....they are legal in the series...can they not run?

street stock shootout race, you run by your home track rules. All other classes run under Cotton Bowl Speedway rules.

Ok...so do all cars in the street stock shootout have to have this...even if they are only running 1 race here? What about cars that have fender well exit headers....they are legal in the series...can they not run?

street stock shootout race, you run by your home track rules. All other classes run under Cotton Bowl Speedway rules.

I have a gator hobby. So my 4 barrel is legal in the street stock race

I have a gator hobby. So my 4 barrel is legal in the street stock race

mark 7a and 48 went to edna with gator rules.. had no problems with rules

I did a lot of research on sound containment when I was working at THR. We were faced with a serious challenge from the neighbors and it was either quiet the cars down or padlock the gates.

With all else equal, the best direction to point the exhaust was straight down towards the track according to all the dB meter readings I obtained over a six month period. I assume this would also be true on a dirt track - perhaps even more so since the surface is not as reflective as asphalt.

I hope this information helps.

Nick

I have been asked what type muffler you can run.

You Must run one of these un-altered Mufflers or inserts: SCHOENFELD IMCA609, LOBACK MUFFLER, EXTREME MUFFLER P/N 1014-3030 or 1114-3535, DYNTECH 11" AUGER INSERT or SPEEDWAY 11" UN-ALTERED AUGER INSERT. TURN DOWNS ARE REQUIRED. NO EXHAUST MAY EXIT OUT THE SIDE OF CAR.

Ok I understand the limited Modified & Modified headers that exit out the side do not have room to add a turn down, if that is the case we will look at that problem in Tech. (just run the muffler). Street stocks if you have fender well headers that all ready exit down you will not need turn downs. (Street Stock Shoot out cars run there home track rules for Nov. 3 2012) but our rules for 2013 will require the muffler rule for all classes. Most tracks have a muffler rule and we need to work with our neighbors that are close to the track. Thanks

I went to mufflers this year to save my ears and I am happy with the sound and gain in ponies.

Im running mufflers this year too. I like them because i can hear people all around me.. really saved me in the ss shoot out race at goliad first lap turn 3 in the heat.. i would say thats the main reason i won that heat rather than sitting out with a broke axle.. cant see that they gained or lost me any power.. either way i like them

Archived