Shootout Finale at Cotton Bowl Speedway

Here are the initial details. Cotton Bowl Speedway is practicing every Saturday during the day starting with this week up until the November 3rd race weekend. Race #5 will be November 3rd Saturday Night. The street stocks will be part of (Nov. 2nd) Friday Nights Races but only practice not racing. Thursday (Nov. 1st) is a full all classes practice only at night. So again Cotton Bowl will be racing Friday night with several classes and but the street stock class will be only practicing to prepare for Saturday Nights Race #5 Program.

Please come back for purse details to soon be released. Any questions put em out here so we can answer them all.

What about places to stay in the area. I don't want a replay of events traveling home from Corpus

Jamie - Bastrop, TX is about 20 minutes (at most) away from there and has a few hotels. Look them up. I have no idea what the rates would be but thought maybe a location could help.

Brenda

Gary Swenson will have his trailer on site all three nights. Fuel, tires and parts will be available. As far as gears go right now everyone is guessing but over the next three weeks they will be having practice and I will try to catch the word what people are using and getting away with for gears. I will post info as I get it.

well....you might be suprised about the gearing....but...our car with the 5.90 turned 5500 and the 6.33 turned 6500

heard a sport mod say he was happy with his gear of 6.20

track was not bad....place is very nice....bathrooms have AC and showers.....

I really enjoyed myself today....

Only downside....is the track still has alot to finish before our race....so...when everyone does get to see it...it will not be 100% complete.....but...There does seem to be a plan to get enough done for a good race....and their temp. concessions and track setup will be as good as most tracks permanant setups...

I think .600 - .633 gets you in the window.

Pit Passes are $25 for friday and the same for saturday.

CBS is running a full open practice night on Thursday.

Friday night will be a full race program running 305 Sprints, Modifieds, Limited Mods, and Pure Stocks.

Friday night should be a big opening night with lots of cars and people. Once the Friday night race program is over the track will then start a 1 hour street stock practice session.

Saturday nights program is the same classes plus our shootout race. A full night.

You are allowed to camp at the track. Pit restrooms have shower.

There is no track registration fee for the street stock drivers.

For any driver that has not raced in any shootout race you will have a $20 shootout entry. If you have raced in a previous race and paid the single race $20 fee you will have to pay the remaining $20 to be fully registered with the series.

Regardless if you are a first time racer or normal series racer everyone will be eligible for the bonus money for pole sitter, hard charger and B main winners.

Text me regarding any questions thanks.....

Archived