Trey Mitchell faces tough challenge at All American 400

All American 400 at Nashville will be the Toughest Challenge All Season for the Trey Mitchell Racing

Mooresville, NC 10/1/12- Things won’t get much easier for the Trey Mitchell Racing team as they put past them an impressive run at Hickory that went sour just four laps from the finish thanks to the actions of a fellow competitor, and turn their preparations toward the 400 lap All American 400 event this weekend at the Fairgrounds Speedway in Nashville, Tennessee.

With over fifty cars from around the country and Canada expected to be attendance to do battle for the $22,000 prize up for grabs, Texas native Trey Mitchell understands that this weekend’s race will be he and his team’s toughest task of their entire 2012 season.

“It looked like we were going to be able to carry some positive momentum with us into Nashville after a good finish at Hickory, but someone else decided otherwise for us with about four laps to go which really put a damper to our weekend. Now with Nashville ahead this weekend we have to put all of that behind us and focus on what’s ahead,” explained Mitchell. “Nashville is going to be a tough race on not just us but everyone there. Its 400 green flag laps with live pit stops on a fast 5/8th mile track; those three combinations make for a blue collar type race any day of the week if you ask me. At the end of the day I’ve got a good group of hard working guys in the pits and a good setup provided by Crooks Racing based on the testing we did several weeks ago which leads me to believe we should be right up there with guys considered to be a threat to do battle for the win come Saturday night.”

The testing Mitchell speaks of was a much needed experience for the twenty-three year old driver due to the fact he had never seen the Fairgrounds Speedway in Nashville, despite the history of the All American 400 event that is in its 28th year of existence. Famous names such as Rusty Wallace, Darrell Waltrip, and Butch Miller have all won the prestigious event over the years. Even the late great Dale Earnhardt has taken his swing behind the wheel in attempt to take home the famous guitar trophy that every All American 400 winner receives in victory lane.

Despite the names listed above, plus the addition of current NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Kyle Busch set to race in this year’s event; Mitchell explains that the pressure to perform isn’t overwhelming by any means, but the fact is it is the All American 400.

“I can only really speak for myself but there’s a little different approach to how you prepare yourself for a race like the All American 400 rather than a normal Saturday night event somewhere else. You sit back and think about all the history and who all has tried to win the All American 400 and there’s a laundry list full of NASCAR championship drivers who tried and came up short. When you think about that you kind of get a little anxiety built up, but that will all go away the first time you pull out on the track and get focused on making that racecar the fastest one there,” said Mitchell.

The 28th running of the PASS South All American 400 kicks off Thursday October 4th with an all day practice session taking the green at 8am. Perhaps the most intense portion of the All American 400 weekend will come on Friday October 5th as qualifying to set the field for the 400 lap race gets underway at 5:30pm. The following day on Saturday October 6th the green flag will wave on the 28th running of the All American 400 at 6pm sharp for 400 laps of green flag short track racing action.

For more information about Texas native Trey Mitchell and his 2012 racing plans, visit his website at www.treymitchellracing.com. For sponsorship information and public relations related issues contact Chris Ragle with Tex Motorsports Marketing at 940.393.3167 or cragle02@yahoo.com.

I will be there personally to wish you well in this prestigious race Trey. Also the PLM125 race on Saturday will feature two Texans, Colt James and Jeff O'Neill. See you all there. Dano :D

Archived