Hot Rod Hill Grand re-opening

dancer52

Per whowon.com:

DRIVERS MEETING AT 5 O'CLOCK RACES AT 6 O'CLOCK. YOU NEED TOI HAVE YOUR CARS HERE BY 4 O'CLOCK. WE HAVE TO DO A DECIPLE READING ON EACH CAR RACING THAT NIGHT. THE CAR SHOULD NOT MAKE OVER 99 DECIPLES AT 3000 RPM AT 100 FEET FROM REAR FO CAR. SEE YA AT THE HILL----CAN I GET A (HELL YEAH)------Z.....MAN

HRH is running SIMS, Shelby Invitational for the Shelby SIMS cars, Mini Stocks, Street Stocks & I-Stocks, Pure Stocks & the Texas Outlaw Bombers. Per the info above, cars must meet 99db in order to race. The judge over this case is suppose to be in the stands. From my understanding, this night will determine if HRH will be able to re-open permanently at this time. You can either go to HRH Website or WhoWon under the Modifieds or Stocks & Bombers for more information.

We (AJ & I) will also be giving $50 to the TOBA car with the lowest db reading during pretech. See everyone Saturday!

It is nice to hear that Hot Rod Hill has found a solution to their problems.

I have only heard good things about the management and track. Some have complained that the races take too long, but all in all most people seem pleased with HRH. Limiting the classes run on a night should help that.

Good luck to everyone. I hate to see any track get shut down.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Hardest working race announcer in Texas! Have microphone, will travel.

Thanks Sarge. Hopefully all will go well this weekend & they will be able to open back up permanently. I know the judge is suppose to be there & all the sound checks are suppose to be done at the house of the complainer. I agree about the races running too late. Wayne's problem was he wanted to let everyone run. Well, races didn't start until 8:30 or so & we weren't done until 2. That is too late. They last night they were open back in July, he ran 4 classes & started @ 6:30. We were done by 10:30.

supertx - Wayne did have a heart attack on the 3rd. They took him from the er to the or that night & put 4 stents in. He was relleased on the 7th, I believe. He looked good last night at the track. We talked to him for a little bit.

lbeaver6 - I don't think Wayne was at the house's of the complainers when the test was being done, but I could be wrong. He did tell us at the end of the night that at the house of one of the complainers, it would not even register on the decibel meter. At the house of the other complainer, it only registered 47 decibels with dead silence in the house. Wayne was originally suppose to go back to court on Tuesday, but he said last night it had been post poned till Friday. He ran 6 classes of cars, started about 6:15 & finished about 10:40. There was some confusion with the feature line ups, but everything turned out okay. Overall, it seemed to be a good night. The stands were packed & there were a lot of cars in the pits.

Archived