Media Advisory for Street Stock Shootout

The now famous 2012 Allgayer, Inc., Street Stock Shootout of South Texas will be rolling into Goliad, Texas on September 1st for the series visit to Shady Oaks Speedway. Shady Oaks Speedway was rebirthed in 2009 by Jim Scribellito after several years being dormant and was purchased in late 2011 by the Stacy family who assumed operations with the 2012 season. A red clay surface originally built in the mid 1980's for Late Models as the premier class, it is known for the incredible speed and high banked turns. Always a speed enthusiast's dream come true, September, 1st will be a show no one will want to miss. Nestled among beautiful Live Oaks, it has been said that if God built a race track, it would be located on that hill in Goliad.

The 2011 series kicked off at Shady Oaks Speedway where the talent to be known for the entire series was demonstrated with an incredible show. The 2012 series cranked up at I-37 Raceway in Pleasanton on May 19th with 34 men and two ladies competing for the 24 starting positions. As expected, the 2012 series initial event in May proved yet again that the Allgayer, Inc., Street Stock Shootout of South Texas is a fans delight.

The series champ from 2011, Wade Jones, came out with an intent to double up as he secured the win on his home turf with the May event. However, it was not to be an easy victory as Anthony Gordon led the the majority of the race, but suffered engine failure in the last few laps. Gordon was able to hold on and secure 2nd in spite of the engine. Several other notables from that event were Stephan Danielsen, and the ever hard charging AJ Dancer. A surprise driver who cannot be counted out this season was Brian Becka who had a top top 5 finish. Additionally, Shady Oaks Speedway's own Brian King ran in the front group along with Battletground's Buster Dean.

King secured a feature win at Shady Oaks Speedway on August 18th, and will be looking to capatilize on that and go for two with a win in the Shootout event on September 1st. The local talent of SnK's Chris Shafer, Manard Racing's Tony Blankenship, Chamberlain Racing's Lauren Chamberlain, Goliad Auto Parts owner David Brunes and the blue rocket of Kevin Wilms are hoping to show well on their home track for 2012.

Series co-promoter Stephan Danielsen stated "We knew this series would be good for drivers, tracks and fans, but it has far exceeded my vision. We are looking forward to bringing the series back to Shady Oaks Speedway where we kicked off 2011".

The sharp looking series t-shirts will be on sale along with event programs. Fans will want to arrive early get their program before they sell out and to have a chance to wear their series t-shirt at the race.

Historically known for incredible speed, Shady Oaks Speedway will be the place to be on September 1st and every fan will definitely get every cent of their moneys worth with the best fender car drivers in Texas competing. It is anticipated that the series will see approximately 40 cars competing for the 24 starting positions. Also, on the roster at Shady Oaks Speedway for September 1st are the Pure Stocks, Limited Modifieds and lightning quick Late Models.

Don't miss the action on September 1st as the Allgayer Inc., Street Stock Shootout of South Texas rolls into Goliad, Texas!!

Am I still invited down to do the Umscheid Race Services Live, Interactive Updates?

Nick

Nick,

As far as the series is concerned, we enjoy any exposure we can get. I would assume SOS would enjoy having you as well, but would yield to them. If you want to call me or need any contacts for the Stacy's give me a call.

Teams, see the link below. As you know, we worked with each track to create the minimum guaranteed purse, but any track can do more if they desire. SOS and the fans of the track have come up with money to pay non-qualifier mone for the SOS September 1st event. You can read the link below, but please be sure to say a thank you for this. This is a nice surprise!

http://www.lonestarspeedzone.com/forums/in...mp;#entry318348

Archived