Old Picture

txtom

Sorry Nick, and I'm gonna add another picture of another car this same driver campaigned.

Hint on driver--most of the time we saw him, he had a different number.

post-2-1051151073_thumb.jpg

You got it horsepower.

The first is a '55 chevy that I think was taken at Birmingham. The second is another car he ran over in the southeast.

That's what I get for not checking in last night......beaten to the punch.

The smile in the first one that gives it away as Freddy. It may be Birmingham, but it could also the Nashville with that overhang on the front stretch...

txtom...where did ya find the pic?? I have seen it or something a lot like it before.

I knew Billy would recognize that smile!

I don't think my scanner is very good, but here is another picture for ya'll--

A friend sent me the first two pics, and I'll try to find out where he got them.

The Nova Pic is an old print I have laying around here.

post-2-1051225566_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I had seen that mod on the retro site. If anyone has some time to surf there are a ton of good pics there of a lot of old cars and races.

BTW, as the story goes, Harold was killed when a driveshaft came off another car and came into his. After that, drive shaft loops were then made mandatory in several places and sometimes were called the "Fryar loop".

And so it goes...............

Billy

Thanks Tom,

I'd regonize that old fencing anywhere in any pic. It is sad about Longhorn. I grew up at that track. That is why I love racing today because I spent a lot of nights out there. The last I heard about Longhorn it will never be the same. It has sat so long that it has lost all it's grandfather clauses with the electrical and sewer and everything will have to be updated if it ever reopens.

• 4 years later...

Archived