Cook claims Attica Raceway Park Summit Modified Nationals victory

NickHolt

Cook claims Attica Raceway Park Summit Modified Nationals victory

Attica, Ohio - July 13, 2012 -Taylor Cook of Stanley, N.C., made the trip from his Tarheel State home worth it Friday night, winning the 20-lap DIRTcar Summit Racing Equipment Modified Nationals feature at Attica Raceway Park.

Cook, 18, led from the drop of the green and dominated, capturing his first Summit Modified Nationals victory.

"My car was really digging tonight," Cook said. "We struggled with tire choice tonight but I think we got it right. It definitely makes the long trip worth it, especially to have all my family, friends and sponsors here to witness it."

Terry Hall of Columbia City, Ind., finished second and Derrick Noffsinger of Continental, Ohio, finished third. Brett Miller of Metamora, Ohio, and Ryan Odette of Iron Mountain, Mich., rounded out the top five.

Defending Champion Mike Harrison of Highland, Ill., maintained his 39-marker lead over Kenny Wallace of Concord, N.C., entering the 2012 tour's final event.

The DIRTcar Summit Racing Equipment Modified Nationals wraps up with a visit to Oakshade Raceway in Wauseon, Ohio, for the finale, a $1,000-to-win race.

Summit Racing Equipment Modified Nationals Statistical Report; Attica Raceway Park; Attica, Ohio; July 13, 2012 A-Main (20-laps): 1. Taylor Cook ($600), 2. Terry Hall, 3. Derrick Noffsinger, 4.Brett Miller, 5. Ryan Odette, 6. Tom Ordway, 7. Bill Keeler, 8. Scott Gerdeman, 9. Nick Rosselit, 10. Pat Ehlert, 11. Jeremy Hoenie, 12. Collin Thirlby, 13. Nick Katterhenry, 14. Kody Weisner, 15. Eddie Shaner, 16. Dave Sibberson, 17. Ray Jackson, 18. Zachary Schroeder, 19. Corey Bevard, 20. Gary Pope.