SRRS 5 Town Showdown

iM NOT ANY GOOD AT DOING THESE WRITE UPS / STORYS , if you cant stand to read my write up please just click on the video links , that shows the racing.

Southern Regional Racing Series (SRRS) had there 5 Town Showdown starting June 28th ending July 3rd 2012

1st up was Duck River Raceway Park in Wheel Tn on June 28th 2012 , Bob and David purchase this track 16 days before , giving it a much needed face lift and they added 100 loads of new dirt , providing a great new racing surface for the SRRS Late Model drivers.

2nd night June 29th was suppose to be @ Boyds Speedway In Ga , but with the high temps in the 100's and Boyds Curfew , they decided to cancell there involvement in the 5 Town Showdown to insure there fans safety. Once the announcement was made Duck River Raceway Park steeped up and had Race #2 , I was not able to stay over and Film but it was pleasant to hear they decided to hold night 2.

Night 3 June 30th would Be held just a hour up the road from me in Maryville Tn @ Smoky Mountain Speedway , This would be the Hottest day of the week as temps would reach 106 degree's , to insure there fans safety Smoky Mountain ordered a 2nd truck full of water and ice and gave free Water away all night at the race (I HAD 4 BOTTLES) , and Im glad to say there were no Heat related medical issues , WTG SMS , they could have made alot of money but opted to protect there fans from the heat wave.

Night 4 would be on July 2 @ 411 Motor Speedway and it was still hot but on this night we would battle Lightning Storms , once they got racing it would just be a mist of rain but Lightning all around in the distance, but not at the track.

Night 5 July 3rd @ Wartburg Speedway and it would rain hard for 30mins @ 4pm when the rain stopped , Drivers and there Big Rigs would park outside the gates waiting to see if it would clear up, radar showed no more rain in the area for the rest of the night , 31 SLM drivers would invade the pits getting set for there 7:30 start time , The evening would cool down to a 70degrees and keep the track perfect all night. Huge Firework Show during intermission.

Archived