Long battles to Federated Auto Parts at I-55 Summit Modified Nationals

NickHolt

Long battles to Federated Auto Parts at I-55 Summit Modified Nationals win

Pevely, Mo. - June 30, 2012 - Michael Long of Quincy, Ill., did everything he could to win Saturday night at Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55, and it paid off with a $1,000 winner's check.

Long and previous night winner Matt Mevert of Steeleville, Ill., battled through the first eighteen laps of the race before contact between the two left Mevert's car with damage. Long held off Ray Walsh of St. Louis, Mo., over the final seven circuits to capture his first career DIRTcar Summit Modified Nationals win. Brent Mullins of Mt. Olive, Ill, who won the Summit Modified Nationals event at Tri-City Speedway in Pontoon Beach, Ill., the previous weekend finished third. Nick Hoffman of Mooresville, N.C., drove to his second consecutive top-five finish in fourth. Dean Hoffman of Troy, Ill., who won at Belle-Clair Speedway on Wednesday night rounded out the top five

The DIRTcar Summit Racing Equipment Modified Nationals returns to action Monday night at Peoria Speedway in Peoria, Ill., where defending champion Mike Harrison of Highland, Ill., won his sixth of eight Summit Modified Nationals events in 2011. Sunday's event at Lincoln (Ill.) Speedway was canceled due to excessive heat and an early curfew.

Summit Racing Equipment Modified Nationals Statistical Report; Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55; Pevely, Mo.; June 30, 2012 A-Main (25-laps): 1. Michael Long ($1,000), 2. Ray Walsh, 3. Brent Mullins, 4. Nick Hoffman, 5. Dean Hoffman, 6. Conrad Miner, 7. Mark Miner, 8. Rusty Griffaw, 9. Paul Bauman, 10. Brad Thurston, 11. Jim Black, 12. Josh Russell, 13. Ricky Horton, 14. Jeff Leka, 15. Mike Stuckey, 16. Ray Bollinger, 17. Steve Lach, 18. Cody Conner, 19. Ronnie Chance, 20. Leo Kiefer, 21. Matt Mevert, 22. Joe Puricelli, 23. Brad Crosby, 24. Dan Zander.