Moyer dominates with Federated Auto Parts at I-55 victory

NickHolt

Moyer dominates with Federated Auto Parts at I-55 Victory

Pevely, Mo. - June 30, 2012 - Billy Moyer of Batesville, Ark., was simply untouchable Saturday night winning the 16th leg of the DIRTcar Summer Nationals at Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55 in Pevely, Mo., taking home the $10,000 winner's check.

Moyer held off a late attempt by DIRTcar Summer Nationals point leader Brian Shirley of Chatham, Ill., on a late race restart to capture his second Hell Tour win of 2012. Shirley finished second and stretched his lead in the Hell Tour points. Brian Birkhofer of Muscatine, Iowa, made a last ditch effort on Shirley in the races closing laps but finished third in the final rundown. Brandon Sheppard of New Berlin, Ill., and Shannon Babb of Moweaqua, Ill., rounded out the top five.

The tour returns to action Monday night at Peoria Speedway in Peoria, Ill., for a $5,000-to-win event. Shannon Babb claimed his third of eight Summer Nationals wins at Peoria in 2011. Sunday's event at Lincoln (Ill.) Speedway was canceled due to excessive heat and an early curfew.

DIRTcar Summer Nationals Statistical Report; Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55; Pevely, Mo.; June 30, 2012 A-Main (40-laps): 1. Billy Moyer ($10,000), 2. Brian Shirley, 3. Brian Birkhofer, 4. Brandon Sheppard, 5. Shannon Babb, 6. Jason Feger, 7. Randy Korte, 8. Kevin Cole, 9. Dennis Erb Jr., 10. Frank Heckenast Jr., 11. Klint Byars, 12. Mike Spatola, 13. Bobby Pierce, 14. Jason McBride, 15. Jerry Lierly, 16. Ryan Unzicker, 17. Dewayne Kierfer, 18. Jon Henry, 19. Kyle Logue, 20. Billy Moyer Jr., 21. Jeff Johns, 22. Scott James. Fast qualifiers (among 34 cars): Henry, Byars, Moyer, Sheppard. Heat race winners: Henry, Shirley, Moyer, Sheppard. Consolation race winner: Korte. Provisional starters: Moyer Jr., Spatola, Johns, Heckenast.