pit congestion

kevin bowen

there seems to be an ongoing problem getting off the track and to your pit. this weekend while waiting to be scaled i was asked to restart my car and move so a grand stock could get out of their pit. Im thinking why arent they in line up already? This area is constantly overrun with people who are sight seeing and in the way. Roy loveday said his car hit 260 degrees while waiting to get to his pit. Temps rise when we leave the track and its not good to have to sit around waiting for people and cars to clear the way. Its not hard to imagine someone getting run over by a car backing up to make way for a car that should be in line up . maybe if the security people were patrolling this area instead of watching races we could avoid this. The pit road is just that a road , not a sidewalk . David H has to deal with this every time to get to his pit . :angry: .Maybe we need to enter the scales from the other direction . This would also make the need to turn around to go to the garage go away. Im not complaining , i just see a big unsafe problem w\an easy fix .

Maybe we need to enter the scales from the other direction . This would also make the need to turn around to go to the garage go away. Im not complaining , i just see a big unsafe problem w\an easy fix .

I will talk to David Mackey about this. He's the man that knows those pits inside out.

Nick Holt

crew guys would be pushing the cars uphill in the rocks.

You're going uphill steeper in the other direction. That last little approach to the concrete is tough. Why not concrete or black top the approach from the other direction. Start at least 50 - 75 ft back and angle in to the scales. A 75 ft X 10 ft ramp is less than 10 yds of concrete and less than $500. I'm sure there would be enough volunteers to provide the labor.

I will help with the labor. I dont like being in the middle of pit road when the car I am working on is going to the scales. It is hard to push the car by yourself. Then if he cranks it up again it helps destroy the motor somemore if it is real hot. Like it always is.

Archived