Bradley Reithmeyer Post-Race Report

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

August 18, 2004

Bradley Reithmeyer Post-Race Report

Bradley Reithmeyer – Hutto, TX (ROMCO Car #49)

Bradley on the web: Bradley’s new web site is online at www.br49.com

Bradley Reithmeyer: 2004 season in ROMCO

8 starts

1 win

5 Top-5 finishes

8 Top-10 finishes

Bradley on last race, a 10th-place finish at SAS: “We had a decent car in practice. Before the race, we pulled off and realized that we didn’t have any power steering. We’d had that problem before, so we figured we’d move our line down a bit to compensate. I pulled into the pits and my crew (Keith Reithmeyer (father), Mark Ivicic, Scotty Hamrick, Travis Mosley and Randy Schoener) did a great job to get me back out on the track. When the green flag came out, John Kelly hit the wall and I had nowhere to go. I jammed on my brakes and hit Kelly with my right-side door. The car got turned around backwards and slammed into the #11 car (Tommy Grothues). I came into the pits under the red flag. My crew bungee-corded the car back together—it was amazing what the crew did to get me back out! I went out and rode around. I ended up going down about 10 laps on the track. Then, late in the race I had a flat tire and that cost me another 3 laps. I ended the race 13 laps down to the leader. Needless to say it was along race, but to finish 10th under those circumstances is a lot better than finishing 20th.”

Bradley on leading the ROMCO points race: “There are still four races left in the season. When it gets down to two races, then I’ll start thinking about it a little bit. We’re going to Corpus Christi next (Sat. Aug. 28th), and I’m a bit worried. We don’t really go too fast there; we have a tough time finding a good setup at that track that I’m comfortable with at that track. But we’ll do the best we can.

Bradley on working on his car: “We’re still working on the car (as of Wednesday night). We’ve got to finish putting the fuel cell back in and we’re re-welding the back bars and interior. Basically, we’re rebuilding the interior of the car. Right now we’re still waiting on body parts to come in and finish our work.”

Archived