Heater core question.

Mel

OK folks,

I own a 2000 Chevy Pickup w/454 gas hog. Recently, have noticed gurgling sound from the heater core area on the passenger side of the truck. Does coolant pass through the core under normal running operation? Might there be a valve that could be stuck open on the heater core?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Mel

Mel,

What you may want to do is check to make sure that you do not have a leak at on of the heater hose connections on the intake. They are bad about seepage which can cause a small leak under pressure. Check the coolant level first, if you have to add ANY coolant have your system pressure tested for any kind of leaks.

Found that I have a small leak in the cooling system....somewhere? The gurgling sound lets me know that fluid level is getting pretty low. I could not find any signs of a leak, yet anyway. Pressurized it and it hasn't reared its ugly head yet. Guess I'll keep filling it till it is easier to find............

Thanks for everyone's help,

Mel

PS. If you see a rather large Chevy p/u (gas hog) on the side of the road with steam coming from under the hood. Best not to stop and help. I might sound and look like that kid spotting for the thunder car in CC. :blink:

Mel,

The most common leak of this type will be one of the heater hose connections at the intake manifold. What you need to be looking for is a kind of crusty buildup at the snap connector usuall found on the passenger side of the intake. Good luck!

p.s. I hope you find it soon because if you break down on the side of the road, luck would be the only help you would get would be that C.C. Thunder spotter!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Archived