1st crash in SAS

Bar2248

Alright so Im pretty sure I figured out why the first caution was caused, I COULD BE WRONG THOUGH just a thought....

as you all know by now I had to pit before the race started b/c my power steering wasn't working, (ive had prblems before & we usually just end up moving a line down to suck the fluid better) but I pulled in the pits and they took my hood off and found.... that the entire power steering canaster had broke (the bracket actually broke off the frame) so when i started my car on the front stretch all the fluid came running out, (this could of caused a car to get sideways or spin the tires) anyways we got it fixed and then got in a wreck, but my point is this

I agree with an above post the cars should not be impounded after qualifying, the teams thrash on the cars all day to get them right and after qualifying is the time the nuts and bolts are checked and tightend, and different things are looked over... (not saying we would of found the broke bracket but we might have)

I know the reasoning for impoundung the cars after qualifying; but its not doing any good & making us look stupid, MY SPONSOR SHOWED UP and asked where is the car, we told him, and he replied "well don't they check the cars after qualifying anyways, why do they have to impound all of them"

I have talked with other drivers about this issue and alot of them do not like the rule either, I guess we all need to speak up in the next drivers meeting, maybe we could work something else out

sorry for #11 misfortune along with #57 and #04 etc...

I disagree. I think that if you have everything done and checked over before you get to the track then you should be fine. As long as you tighten everything that you change at the track.

Another thing, there is usually about 30 min to an hour before qualifying, If you cant Nut/Bolt your car in that time then there is something wrong. Either way i think its smart and we have seen alot better racing since they have made the rule. On the other hand there have been alot more avoidable accidents that have caused poeple problems.

Archived