STREET STOCK SHOOTOUT RACE AT I-37 RACEWAY

Street Stock Shootout Update:

We are posting a couple of announcements and reminders for the Street Stock Shootout that will be held at I-37 Raceway on May 19. Due to the length of the show, with the addition of cars, heat races and B-Mains, the Limited Late Models will be given the night off and hope you will join the excitement either in the pit or the stands.

Any Street Stock that races must pay the $40.00 Shootout registration fee for the series and will be eligible to race in all 5 of the series races. If you only want to race one night of the series you will need to pay a $20.00 Shootout registration fee which will allow all drivers in the Street Stock class to participate in the added money and prizes that are associated with this series. Again, no Street Stock car will be allowed to race this night unless one of these additional fees is paid plus our regular racing fees of $50.00 for car and driver; pit passes are $25.00.

We will continue with the tradition of having a Test ‘n Tune on Friday May 18 from 5 pm to 10 pm. The cost will be $25.00 per car and driver and $10.00 pit passes for others. The concession stand will be open serving Charlie Burgers, hot dogs, chips and drinks. Camping over night will be allowed. Fan stands will be open and free of charge.

Out of town racers, please check with track officials before unloading your car and gear on where to park to make sure you are not parking in an I-37 reserved parking spot. Everyone, including I-37 patrons, must keep in mind that the pits are going to be full and that they are not large enough to accommodate vehicles other then race cars and tow vehicles. Cars with reserved parking, not racing this night, will not be allowed to park their private vehicles in these spots, as these spots will be needed for visiting racers.

If anyone has any questions pertaining to I-37 details, please give Jim a call. Thanks and we look forward to hosting the South Texas Street Stock Shootout.

Thank you Jim, Joy, Eric and all of the I-37 crew for hosting Race #1 of the 2012 Allgayer, Inc. Street Stock Shootout of South Texas on May 19th. Stephan and I are excited to bring the series back to the excitment of I-37 Raceway. We are quite honored to have five awesome facilities to work with this year and very excited that it will all kick off at I-37 Raceway.

Please everyone pay very specific attention to what the is posted above by the I-37 operators. The track has very specifically listed what it will cost to race for the track itself, which is $50 for car and driver and $25 for additional folks in the pits. No surprises there. But make absolutely sure you understand very clearly that if you are running in street stock on May 19th, you need to either pay $40 to the series (me or Stephan) which will cover your five races or you can pay a one night fee of $20. If you don't pay the series either the $20 one time race fee or $40 for all five races, you cannot run with the class on this night at any track. This is very important because we have worked extremly close with each host track to set up a guaranteed minimum purse and we have several special awards which the series will provide at the conclusion of each night. Everyone who runs in street stock class on an event night at a given track is eligible for the awards and the purse, but everyone must either be registered in the series for all five races or pay the one night fee of $20 to us. This is just like having any other special show in where there are outside promoters involved. I wanted to stress this as I fear there will be some disgruntled people who might be showing up to run the one night for the extra purse, but thinking all they have to pay is the $50 race fee of the track itself. Please if you know of anyone who might be showing up for one night and who does not follow these forums, share this information with them. We want to prevent any mis-information or anyone being upset about the extra cost when the arrive at the track.

Again, thank you to I-37 Raceway for hosting Race #1. This is where it all wrapped up last year grand fashion and is a great place to kick it all off for the 2012 Allgayer, Inc. Street Stock Shootout of South Texas.

10/4. $40 for series, $50 for I37, and $25 per pit pass......correct? Is this going to be the same for every track where we have to pay the tracks season registration fees? Thanks

Greg Jr.

No sir.

The $40 is for the series entry fee and you are done for all five races if you opt to go that angle. Other option is $20 to run with the group in the series for a one night run. That fee is paid to me or Stephan and strictly related to the series itself. If you pay the $40 though, you are done with your series fee and good to go for all five races.

The actual race fees for each track is whatever they normally charge to race. the track collects that as routine. For example at I-37 it is $50 to race which covers the drivers pit pass and race fee. I know this is the same at Shady Oaks as well. I am not certain about the other track's race fees. Then, any additional folks in the pits at I-37 for example are $25 each for pit passes. There is no track registration fee required at any of these five events. The tracks are not doing points on those nights and thus are not charging their annual registration fee.

In summary for I-37:

$50 to race (I-37 collects as routine)

$40 SS Shoutout Series fee to cover all five events or $20 one night fee (paid to Monty or Stephan)

$25 per extra person in pits

No track registration fees involved.

Or, we could say. "I'm racing the 2012 Allgayer, Inc. Street Stock Shootout of South Texas. What will it cost me on May 19th?" "$40 for series and I get all five races with chance to win extra cash awards each night and a piece of the points fund, awesome" "$50 to race at I-37 on May 19th for increased purse, cool" "Racing with the most diverse group of fender car drivers in Texas, priceless".

See next Saturday pardner.

Here is this years normal shootout purse.

1 $400.00

2 $200.00

3 $175.00

4 $150.00

5 $125.00

6 $100.00

7 $100.00

8 $100.00

9 $100.00

10 thru 24 $75.00

Special Awards

Pole Sitter $100.00

Hard Charger $100.00

#1 B Main Winner $25.00

#2 B Main Winner $25.00

Here is this years Top 15 Points Fund.

1 $750.00

2 $600.00

3 $500.00

4 $400.00

5 $350.00

6 $325.00

7 $300.00

8 $275.00

9 $250.00

10 $225.00

11 $200.00

12 $175.00

13 $150.00

14 $125.00

15 $100.00

Total $5,125.00

Now get her ready! This time next weekend is practice night, the day prior to Race 1

Archived