Lucky Dog Rule

DunnRacing99

I see that only three modfieds finished on the lead lap at THR on Saturday night. Was wandering if THR has considered implementing a "Lucky Dog" rule for the mods to help keep more cars on the lead lap, ultimately providing a better show for the fans. Maybe even throw a competition yellow at halfway to bunch the cars up again? Or run less laps?

OR, how about combining the sportmods and pro mods into one race, while scoring each class separately. This would put 10-12 cars on the track, versus two separate races with only 5 or 6 cars. They used to do this at SAS back in the day when only a handful of super latemodels and limited latemodels would show up.

Lucky Dog rule would have had no effect last week since the race went green start to finish.

I think a lucky dog rule would have helped when there were a lot more cars on the track, when the leaders caught the back of the pack quickly. Altough the two wide starts would have fixed that problem. The problem last week was, the race went green all the way, and thats not a bad problem,unless your trying to make-up laps like Heath was.

I think the "Lucky Dog" Rule would work especially well at HMP. We lost laps on pit road the first 2 races after getting spun and changing a flat the first week (they were counting yellow flag laps), and getting collected in someone elses wreck on the 2nd one. Both time we could have finished on the lead lap had there been a "Lucky Dog". Instead we parked it on the 1st night after realizing we were a lap down. Would have been a better show to see us come back from the rear if it was meaningful. Lapped cars have to file in behind lead lap cars on restarts, which eliminates them from compitition.

JMO

Earl

Archived