old pics

hippyracer00

i wanted to share some of my old pics. this is just a handfull of pics i have of family and friends over the yrs. mostly of my dad, Auther Faulkner. (r.i.p.). wen i find my box i have alot more from old hwy 16 raceway. alot of Gary Chappell, Ray Becka, Don Myers, Beaver Stelzig, John Kelly, Danny Markgraff, David Beaver, Benny (wallbanger) Morgan, and on and on. i look forward to shareing these and hopefully some old video im trying to get my hands on. one in particular of Ray Becka"s end over end flip down the back stretch at Hwy 16, acouple Texa Classics, etc. hope u enjoy

Mikey

post-3-1333065530.jpg

post-3-1333065539.jpg

post-3-1333065543.jpg

post-3-1333065548.jpg

post-3-1333065554.jpg

post-3-1333065559.jpg

post-3-1333065719.jpg

post-3-1333065638.jpg

post-3-1333065643.jpg

post-3-1333065653.jpg

post-3-1333065658.jpg

post-3-1333065661.jpg

scan0001.pdf

scan0002.pdf

scan0003.pdf

scan0004.pdf

scan0005.pdf

thanx nick for cleaning that up for me. not very good at this pic posting. not sure who the 52 is. wondering if anyone knows. and does anyone remember Jerry Galloway? the blue number 3 is my brothers car build for an endurance race. Jerry bought it from my dad one weekend. guess he got the bug cause him and gary chappelle made it into a streetstock and won a ton of races in it. man, great memories of hwy 16. 79 car is my uncle j.r. i forgot to post that. the 11 is don myers. i forget who the 06 is, but ive seen it posted. the white 66 chevelle in the make-shift garage is the blue 33 at the top. my dad won best looking car that wknd. it was totaled the following wknd. never forgot that car.

not sure who the 52 is.

#52 in the late Models at Pan American was J.E. "Red" Skelton from Brownwood, Texas. He later also ran at Austin and Hwy 16; car was yellow and black.

Nice guy, although not often a contender for a win. i seem to remember him saying he ran a lot in his earlier days in the NW Texas area, Amarillo, Lubbock, etc.

He had a son named Kelly Skelton who brought a brown mustang to Pan Am in 1977; he did not race asphalt very long. he could later be seen at Abilene and a couple other places on the dirt. That goes back several years.

The #06 is none other than Tory Christopher in his first ride.

Back in 73-74, before I partnered up with Johnny Ivy on the Vega, I used to sit with the Faulkner bunch at Pan American Speedway. Nice bunch of folks who supported their drivers with a passion!

Nick

Back in 73-74, before I partnered up with Johnny Ivy on the Vega, I used to sit with the Faulkner bunch at Pan American Speedway. Nice bunch of folks who supported their drivers with a passion!

Nick

thanx nick. i was abit to young to remember u then, but always remember hearing your name here and there. that passion carried over when gary chappelle married into yhe family and had bubba dove as his crew cheif/builder. hwy 16 explded with talent at that time. even the ones who couldnt be fast were great drivers. i remember that most. as someone who loves to watch "good racin", (not a wreck on every green flag) (turn one), just sayin, that was hard racin. and we would all bbq on sunday, and pcker on satudays wen we didnt race. always a racecar on a trailer somewhere. so, u see why i am a slave to racin. but i love it. used to watch herbert steltzig with a huge cigar at the end of the table take everyones money. i even remember a couple cars trading hands during those poker games. lol. man. sry folks, i could go on forever with my memories. oh, just wanted to point out, if u look at the pic of the blue chevelle #3, my brother is wearing a muscle shirt. thank GOD for inovation.

My dad has tons of his old racing pictures maybe this weekend I can get some and try to scan them on here or send them to Nick to post them. He also had a ton of videos not sure what happen to them I think the all got mildew all over them and molded up from the closet at the old house leaking will try to find them also.

Archived