DRAG-UNS

Harlin Covert

• 1 month later...

The Drag-Uns were from Kerrville, and were an NHRA Chartered Club, also sponsored by the Kerrville Police Department. They started in 1953 and had 27 members, and held their first drag race on Sunday March 29, 1953 at the Louis Schreiner Airport in Kerrville, and held other drag events at the airport in Fredericksburg.

I found this information while researching drag racing in South Texas in the 1950's. I'm only 33, but I have a strong interest in the history of Texas drag racing.

There is a group on Facebook called "Drag Racing Texas Style" with many of the forefathers of Texas Drag Racing as members of the group. The group page is very active and always has lots of great photos and stories.

Take Care

• 1 month later...
The Drag-Uns were from Kerrville, and were an NHRA Chartered Club, also sponsored by the Kerrville Police Department. They started in 1953 and had 27 members, and held their first drag race on Sunday March 29, 1953 at the Louis Schreiner Airport in Kerrville, and held other drag events at the airport in Fredericksburg.

I found this information while researching drag racing in South Texas in the 1950's. I'm only 33, but I have a strong interest in the history of Texas drag racing.

There is a group on Facebook called "Drag Racing Texas Style" with many of the forefathers of Texas Drag Racing as members of the group. The group page is very active and always has lots of great photos and stories.

Take Care

Thank you, I just now so the responce. I have an 8 mm film of some of the aug 23, 1953 race at Kerrville put on by the Alamo timing assn.

It is also in the Jan 54 Hot Rod Magazine. on page 48 & 49. The 34 coupe on page 49 is my older brother Curtis.

Thanks again, Harlin Covert

Archived