bad officiating

63Y

Sometimes I wonder if those THR officials are really "evaluating" the all involved rule! Not to get that forum started again, but c'mon...

The 58 hobby car really got the short end of the stick last nite. I honestly don't think it was really fair for him to get sent to the back because the 37 spun him out.

What I don't understand is why a leader has to be sent to the back because someone else spun him out. He didn't do anything. How is it his fault if hes leading the race????????????????

As a fan, when you see incidents like that...it really discourages me from coming back and spending my money. No wonder why ya'll always complain about no fans. HMMM......

Guest The_Greek

i think most people rush to make a judgement that a car is brake checking, there is no way 2 cars can be letting off and braking exactly at the same time lap after lap, cause not every car handles the same, some cars can drive deeper in a turn and some cars get off better than others coming out of a turn, i think the last thing in the world i would wanna do if im leading is brake check, your asking to get hit and possibly be put in the wall.

Just to add to that i think the #10 hobby should have gone to the rear when he put #4 in the wall.

and another thing i like to think is if your faster than the car ahead of you GO ON THE OUTSIDE

63Y-

It wasn't bad officiating. It was good officiating of a rule that needs some tweaking and a little common sense. Nick announced last night that they would be looking at the rule and making some adjustments, but under THR rules, they can't do it without giving the drivers notice.

Yes, the 37 didn't just spin the 58, he rammed him. It wasn't racing contact or even an attempt to take the leader out; 37 wasn't racing, he was wrecking (or trying to wreck) the 58.

Unfortunately, I believe Nick even said at the beginning of the year that, even in an obvious ramming incident, both cars would go to the rear. As I said last week about Bobby LaFont's complaint, zero tolerance isn't a good idea. But that's the way the rule is until Nick and THR make some changes, as I hope they will.

TTR73 - i did not see what happened between the #10 and #4 car, b/c i had left the track for a second, however, in regard to what you wrote:

but i guess THR will apply the rules to who they want.
i would like to know why you would post something of that such manner? There have been numerous times that the #10 car has gotten the low end of the deal... its NOT who you are, or if you are liked out there, its HOW they see it... as for you i'm sure yall have caught the low end of the deal, i know i have MANY times, and i'm with the 10 car.....so pls don't make illigitimate comments such as that, unless you know the whole story..

-tracy :)

Ouote from Nick last week.

"Let me ask you this, mototerry, how would going back to the "at fault" rule fix anything you have brought up?"

Well Nick......After last night, you tell me...

I joined the disscusion last week after the absolutely horrendous call that sent the SS 02 car to the rear because of the all involved rule.......The rule is flawed in several ways. I agree with almost all of the reasons being pointed out by both the drivers and other fans. To me, the most basic of all without going into deep analysis is it simply goes against common sense. The officiating corp may be happy because it makes their job easier but I can tell you this without any hesitation. The fans (like me, I'm not a driver) have never been more disgusted and angry. I know, I've been going to the local track since my Daddy started taking me to the old dirt track in Oak Hill in the 50's. I was there at Speed-O-Rama in the 60's. Came back from thew Navy and Vietnam in the 70's to Ricky Ware's "Beeeeeee There"....I was there for the Stewart years and even for poor ol Sam Hill's (no offense Sam, bad timing) shot at it. Never have I seen fans as a group so united in disgust. The fan's have and always will question calls......That occurs in every sport that combine standard rules like "The first car across the finish wins" and judgement calls like "did a car violate anothers right to fair competition by causing him/her to spin or wreck?" The all involved removes that right to fair competition. Without question the sport is flawed. I don't care if SAS or the VFW bicycle motorcross use it or not. That doesn't change the fact that the rule undermines the competition. And that my good friends is what I pay my money to see....Competition. The drivers are concerned because they never know when the next "incident" is going to be their ticket to the rear for just being in the wrong place. The fans are concerned because we keep wasting $12 to pay for that ticket. Nick, how many more nights like the last two is it going to take??? It's time to make the right call.....

Archived