Excitement Building Over TSRS Returning to THR

Texas Super Racing Series

Public Relations Office (512) 784-3026 * Series Information Line (512) 899-2602

Press Office Phone (281) 482-6798 * Press Office Fax (281) 648-4601

For Immediate release

Excitement Building Over TSRS Returning to THR

By: Pat Mayberry

Last week's thrilling announcement that the stars of the Texas Super Racing Series have been added to the 8th Annual Texas Stock Car Spectacular is generating incredible excitement in the central Texas racing community. The race will be held at Thunder Hill Raceway on Saturday, September 25, 2004, and it will be the only opportunity for central Texas race fans to see the very popular touring series this season.

Series officials report that fan interest in the race is fantastic and the majority of comments on the Texas Speed Zone website have been tremendously upbeat. Series officials also have been overwhelmed by the positive feedback from teams about returning to Thunder Hill Raceway. Early team response to the race has lead series officials to consider needing to add a "last chance race" in order to cut the expected field down to a workable number on the fast 3/8 mile-high banked D-shaped track. The event will give Texas race fans 60 thrilling laps of late model racing with only twenty-four cars taking the green flag.

Thunder Hill Raceway was Texas Super Racing Series founder/owner, Mary Ann Naumann's home track for several years before drivers statewide approached her about starting the two-year-old touring series. "It is exciting to bring TSRS back to what I consider, my home track. I have lots of great memories from the 2 ½ years as General Manager. There are lots of great people still associated with THR and it will be great to see the race fans once again."

The addition of the Texas Stock Car Spectacular date means series drivers will have an opportunity to compete three weeks in a row. The series already has points races scheduled for the week of September 18 and October 2. "With adding this race late into the 2004 schedule, the Texas Stock Car Spectacular will be a non-points race, but we expect lots of exciting racing" added Naumann. "Even though the drivers won't be running for points, I still consider this to be a win-win opportunities for not only Thunder Hill Raceway and the Texas Super Racing Series, but for all our drivers and their sponsors who will now be reaching into the greater Austin/San Marcos area and lets not forget, the race fans! Our goal is to

let THR Management know we want to help to add to their success this season and with that we are looking forward to some opportunities for the 2005 season!"

For ticket information please visit the Texas Super Racing Series website at www.manracingpromotions.com or the Thunder Hill Raceway website at www.thunderhillraceway.com

Archived