hydraulic throw out bearing

dy97

im curious if any one else has had trouble with the howe (82870) oring kit (82871) it claims it comes with o rings for both the new and old style housings.. and it does come with four o rings.. one thick and one thin for both ends.. the rear one is okay.. it is the thicker of the two.. but the front one(the smaller one) the thin one is too thin and the thick one is too thick.. and also not big enough around.. the thin one leaks and the thick one it shaves part of it off if forced... im also not absolutely positive mine is the howe 82870.. im just guessing from pictures i have looked at online.. are there others that look like this?

The 82870 is the same as the 82871 and only look like yours. The only difference on the 82871 is that it is a improved bearing. Housings should be the same. The smaller o-ring in the housing towards the front should be a 41 size o-ring (metric). Mine wasn't leaking but would not get fluid up to the throwout bearing so it had to have bad o-rings and it was sucking air. If your not sure, take it to a Hydraulic parts place and they will help you and tell you whats going on. Trust me, i know you want yours fixed cause they are NOT cheap to buy. LOL. My kit should be here today or tomorrow and i will let you know what happens with mine.

Archived