ROMCO Corpus

hubb44

yes he was fast, I noticed the first couple of times that he came out the car was sputtering or something as he would get in the gas coming off. Seemed to change his timing of when to get in the gas as practice went on, then proceeded to run 7 or 8 laps in a row in the 13.90 range. Several cars were in that range but he seemed pretty consistent. Wallace looked real smooth like he will be real good on the long run. I was wondering if the sputtering I was hearing from Grimes car was traction control?

Well, let's just put it this way. Of all the tracks that ROMCO runs, CC is the place where TC would help the most. And, yes, one of the giveaways when someone is using TC is when the timing does change coming out of turns 2 and 4. This is not to say that Tommy is using TC, but if he is, he's perfectly legal since ROMCO permits its use.

Nick Holt

I agree Nick, CC is a place where tc would definitely help. After doing some more research, I believe that Grimes was using one of those "learning" TC units. It would make sense that the thing would sputter more in the beginning and improve as he went on. I may be totally wrong, but that is the way I see it! I was told that Grimes denies using TC, but the sounds I heard indicate he was using it. Then again, this is just my opinion.

Archived