Youth development program making its 2012 debut at Thunderhill Raceway

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact: Debbie Williams, 210-685-0400 (cell), debbie@thunderhillraceway.com

Youth development program making its 2012 debut at Thunderhill Raceway

KYLE, TX (December 29, 2011) – The Bandoleros have been a part of the Thunderhill Racing (Kyle, TX) schedule for several years, and this group of eager, young drivers will be returning in 2012.

The Bandolero cars are specifically designed for drivers as young as eight years old. The size and design of the Bandolero car is somewhere between a kart and a car, and it’s relatively simple to drive.

post-3-1325174589.jpg

Jeff Garvin photo

Getting youngsters more involved in racing has always been a vision for Mary Ann Naumann, Owner/Promoter, MAN Racing Promotions, LLC, Thunderhill Raceway.

“So many of our racers started out as youngsters participating in our kids’ bike races – some even on tricycles and power wheels,” said Naumann. “It’s such a big step to go from a bicycle to a full-sized race car, and it can sometimes take a young driver several years to develop into a skilled race car driver."

“Fortunately, we’ll be offering a ‘stepping stone’ for youngsters to hone their driving skills in a more controlled environment,” added Naumann. “We’ll be bringing back the Bandolero division this season, and we plan to step up our driver development efforts in 2012.”

As part of the development program, Naumann announced that Tiffany Vogel from Austin, TX, will take the lead as director of these young drivers. Vogel has been an important part of Thunderhill Raceway’s growth for many years. She has reigned as Miss Thunderhill Raceway and Miss Texas Super Racing Series, as well as Miss Whelen. In addition, she has often helped track management make important decisions on its racing programs.

“I’m so glad that Tiffany is taking on the challenge to help us with the Bandolero driver development program,” commented Naumann. “I feel confident that she will give these young racers the guidance they will need by providing them a solid foundation to move up in the ranks in racing. Since she doesn’t have any family members racing in this division, I know that she will offer her unbiased feedback to these young drivers.”

Vogel is ready to step into her new role immediately.

“I’m excited about this opportunity to help these young drivers,” said Vogel. “I love to work with children, and now I’ll have the chance to combine my love of kids and my passion for racing through this new driver development program.”

The Bandolero program had been under the direction of Amy Hogan from The Woodlands, TX, for the past couple of years. Her 12-year-old son, Christopher, won the 2011 Bandolero championship at THR, and he will be moving on to a full-sized SportMod in 2012.

“I feel heavily invested in what happens with the Thunderhill Bandolero program, and I want to see it continue to grow,” said Hogan. “Youth racing programs are few in number, and without tracks like Thunderhill my child, and many other children, would never get the opportunity to race.”

“Tiffany is very familiar with Thunderhill, and she has been very involved in the Austin racing community for years,” added Hogan. “Her connections and background make her the ideal person to work with these kids, parents and grandparents to make the Bandolero program grow and become a big success at Thunderhill.”

The Bandoleros will be a part of the March 3, 2012, season opener at Thunderhill Raceway, along with the NASCAR Modifieds, NASCAR TSRS Late Models, NASCAR Trucks, NASCAR A-Line Super Stocks, Thunder Stocks, Grand Stocks, Mini Stocks and the NasKart Pro Racing Series.

Thunderhill Raceway is a 3/8-mile, D-shaped asphalt oval track that’s located at 24801 IH-35, Kyle (TX), just north of San Marcos and south of Austin, at Exit #210 (Yarrington Road), just behind the Roger Beasley Hyundai dealer (formerly ThunderZone). Information on Thunderhill Raceway may be found on the track website at www.thunderhillraceway.com.

For more information on the Bandoleros, contact Tiffany Vogel at tiffers051602@hotmail.com.

- 30 -

Archived