TOBA RACES POSTPONED

NeilTPS

TOBA Races at I-37 Speedway Postponed

Pleasanton, Texas -

The TOBA race program prematurely announced by TOBA race officials for Saturday night August 7 at I-37 Speedway has been postponed.

Track General Manager Frank Torres said “The I-37 Speedway TOBA races will be rescheduled on a later date this season. The reason for not having the TOBA races on August 7 is to allow for proper track rental negotiations and selection of a more functional race date to take place”.

The next two I-37 Speedway races are on Fridays, July 30 and August 6.

Track gates will open on each date at 4:00pm; racing will start at 8:30 pm.

Regular I-37 Speedway Prices on July 30 and August 6:

Adult Grandstand - $ 10

Seniors 65 and older - $ 7

Competitors Pit Passes - $ 25

Children 7 to 11 years - $ 3

Children 6 and under - FREE

Maps and detailed I-37 racing information is available on www.I37speedway.com

or by calling the track phone at 210/534-1898 or the track office at 210/532-5421

WHATEVER.... prematurely announced... it has been on the TOBA schedule for 5 months... and I personally have talked to frank about it... this one is all I37s fault ..... I would like to express my opinions about this race but Nick would just edit them... this is just like the poor planning of the big super stock race.... AJ

like the s.s.race?,i am sorry the price of gas was so high during the last toba race.sorry motels were so high...but i understood,did not make a big deal out of the back out.but we do not race saturdays.we were set to but made changes for the better of the local racer.but we cant please all.you are very good at finding flaws,i offered different dates in an effort to try and make this work.you cannot race on the sunday i offered and cannot race on a friday.we work hard to put on a good program but we will do what it takes to make it.we (i) wanted to see this work.A.J.,you want it to be a one way street.then we may end up like many that are closed.you have seen many come and go.you should understand that sometimes changes are needed.STEPHEN was 100% to want to try to make it work.i last time worked with your group,you should now work with me...

I didn't have a problem with you canceling. I had a problem with you lying about why it was canceled. You've known for at least 5 months about this race being on a Saturday. You shouldn't have waited until a week ahead of time to decide that you can't do it. The last race, you stated that it was a mutual decision, not just Stephan's. Was that a lie too? The lies are what I have a problem with & that is the downfall of many tracks.

lying about cancelling?you should ask stephen if it was a lie.i had 2 days notice on what i billed as a big race around toba.but i understood it could be a train wreck for toba.i did not expect the group to risk so much.but you expect me to go out on a lime for you.we had tried to book a show for the saturday that would work.but could not get a group at a cost that was at a price that i could afford and not break the bank.if you feel its no big deal i will be glad to give you a saturday rental .insurance cost must be paid in full,employee cost will be expected,ambulance cost,flag man and annoncer cost are seperate from employee.....estimated cost without purse,$3000.00,now you have been around racing a long time.you find it easy to knock the ones trying to make it work.you knocked the place when you won the $1000.00 for porta poties and a food serving area to your distaste,we have built and are still doing more.but you dont see the positives,you can only talk negatives.you love this sport no more then i,so show your brothers in your group that you are willing to step up to the plate because this can work.lets use your money to do this.then you can say (TOLD YOU)and i will be happy for you.....you have my number if you want the rental.....

You must have trouble reading... cause I said I do not have a problem with you cancelling you lied about why THIS race was cancelled... I have a problem about you lying... you said TOBA prematurly announced... this race has been scheduled for FIVE MONTHS... you just now figured out you can not run the show????? Now you are mad because I gave you some constructive critisism 8 months ago.... give me a break... I did not know you can not handle anyone trying to point out areas you need to improve... sorry.... Well everyone, I37 is the best place in the world to race they are perfect and would like for everyone to come on here and tell them how perfect they are....look frank... if you really want I37 to work you need to listen to people when you screw up... and you did screw this one up...just be a man and own up to it... when I wreck into someone else I admit I made a mistake... I dont try to blame someone else (Prematurly announced) AJ

AJ Dancer Obviously you do not know how to READ. No where in the Original post does it say I-37 Speedway or Frank Torres says "The TOBA race program prematurely announced by TOBA race officials for Saturday night August 7 at I-37 Speedway has been postponed." This was just a misprint from our newrelease. No one is lying. Now here is what Frank states "Track General Manager Frank Torres said “The I-37 Speedway TOBA races will be rescheduled on a later date this season. The reason for not having the TOBA races on August 7 is to allow for proper track rental negotiations and selection of a more functional race date to take place”.

Notice its SAYS FRANK SAID... Does the top line say that.

Now I dont know how you can say POOR planning on the tracks part. The last race must have been poor planning on your part RIGHT... Oh but I am sorry you TOBA guys just figured out 2 days before the race that you all could not Afford to come Race I guess It is ok for you all but not for us.

Randy

I am sorry randy... my idiot to english translater must be lost in the mail... Now tell me this... did Frank not know FIVE MONTHS ago about this race on this date and that he was supposed to have a support class for it???? Now about the last race, everone knew almost 2 weeks ahead of time... and it was stated by FRANK..(note it says frank said) that cancelling that race was a mutual agreement... but ask steph... I let him know how stupid I thought that decision was also.... your argument about TOBA did it to you first is [edited out by Nick Holt, 8/5/04] Now I am going to say that after your reply we must agree to disagree... cause you are not going to convince me you people walk on water, and I can not make you see my point...AJ Dancer....

I am not saying anyone has to be perfect, just honest... if that part on the press release was incorrect, then apologize and correct their mistake... but how about the part where "frank says" toba will be rescheduled, and the reason for cancelling is to have time for proper track rental negotiations... What did they do 5 months ago?..... At least when TOBA did cancel last time they did not try to blame I37.... like I37 is trying to blame TOBA for this one...I just think they need to own up to their mistake... it is no big deal that they made a mistake and did not plan very well for this show... just dont try to blame someone else for their mistake..

DANCER DANCER DANCER YOU ARE AN [edited out by Nick Holt, 8/5/04] NO ONE BLAMED TOBA. YOU ARE MAKING THINGS BIGGER THAN THEY SEEM. No one lied and no one is dishonest. You want an apologie but you are not going to get one for your misreading. Like i stated in my last post IT WAS AN ERROR ON THE NEWS RELEASE.

What more do you want??? STOP CRYING PLEASE!!!

I did not say TOBA did it first so it is ok for us You are trying to make a argument about poor planning but it was poor planning on TOBA fault as well. We can sit here and argue about we had 5 months how many months did TOBA have aswell. I know you support TOBA and want to stick up for them but be smart and look at it both ways.

About rescheduling we tried but nothing worked out so far for TOBA. So dont say we are not trying.

Randy

Sorry guys but I have kept quiet long enough.

When we cancelled the first time we cancelled for very good reasons and those reasons were in the best interests of toba and I-37. Fuel prices were going through the roof with no end in site. This may not be a big deal to locals but for us we had teams coming as far as 6 hours away. Most of them were 3 to 4 hours one way. So this was a big concern when the prices started climbing. Hotels would not give us a break because of the 3 day weekend. Everyone would of drove away pissed off after spent alot of money instead of enjoying the races at I-37. Frank also did not want to see those guys driving off pissed so it was an easy decision to make. I took heat from those that still wanted and did not shy away from. I also did not make any excuses. This was in Mid May when this happened the 2nd date was still on the schedule (Saturday just like the 1st scheduled date was) I stayed in touch with Frank directly at least a 12 times between race 1 and 2 espicially over the last 3 weeks. Making sure this and that. We were interested in local sponsors which would help make the show even bigger. At no point was Saturday brought up as an issue nor was additional car classes. So as a promoter to another I assumed no issue was there. I dont think even Frank thought an issue would accure there either. I honestly think he thought the filler classes could be brought in with not alot of notice and the show would go on. With 8 days prior to coming was when he gave my information of his first concern. Something about Outlaw modifieds not coming. I understood and got busy trying to help so did Arthur another helper of mine. We found a couple small groups here and there but nothing materials or could in a very short time. As far as I am concerned its water under the bridge. For some reason we were not going to race at I-37 and it may have worked out for the best as we got busy working with Beaumont and leased the track. The main topic of this page did make it seem that neither parties had their $hit together and maybe we didnt but obviously that is the reason why we are all on here bitching. Its enough already lets go to our corners and race. We will all learn from this and maybe work together some other time down the road. Also as additional info I understand the track owne had a family crisses which also contributed to the confusion I am sure. Good luck to everyone and as Paul Harvy says now you know the rest of ther story! Good Day....

Archived